• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is MacMedia a SCAM?

beanzoin

Principal
Had work done

I am in need of HELP!

I am looking for anyone that has had dealings with MacMedia from here on the board.

I have a JV33 printer that looks like it needs repair on the main board. I have had a number of email discussions with MacMedia, and he {kent} seemed very helpful. I sent my main circuit board to him via FedEx the other day, and have not been able to get any updates on what is going on with my repairs.

Has anyone heard of him? or had interaction with him?

I need someone who might be able to give me feedback good or bad, A.S.A.P.

This is a GREAT community, and we need to help each other find quality, safe, merchants that can be safe to do business with.

Yes, I had them work on my firewire board on one of my JV3'w several years back. They did a good job getting it fixed and back to me in the matter of a few days.

jimmysigns

Vinylman
I sent you a PM Sunday morning, I'm a personal friend of Kents. live close by. I can tell you this he is one honest and great guy. He helps me tremendously and others too.
I spoke to him Sunday morning and he was out of town, he travels often and far to conduct business. He's the kind of guy who will give you the shirt off his back no questions asked.
I know cause he gave me one :smile: or 2 .... :biggrin:

player

Vinylman
I sent you a PM Sunday morning, I'm a personal friend of Kents. live close by. I can tell you this he is one honest and great guy. He helps me tremendously and others too.
I spoke to him Sunday morning and he was out of town, he travels often and far to conduct business. He's the kind of guy who will give you the shirt off his back no questions asked.

When you are there, ask him what happened to the money and the 4 boards that guy sent in and he stopped all communications with.

jimmysigns

I guess shirts are cheap to give away when you buy them with money stolen from customers huh?

not his shirts :smile:, for business he travels often, worldwide. say what you want but I have seen him bail people out and not take money if you were struggling too. like pay me when you can. in my eyes that's a good guy with a good heart.

Vinylman

Vinylman

Jimmysigns:
I received your PM on Sunday, and have been extremely busy so that is why I have not gotten back to you till now.

FIRST: Thanks for PMing me. your response was appreciated and I understand the reason for keeping it private.

SECOND: And this is for anyone following this thread, or those who may find it in the future.

ANYTIME a vendor makes it difficult to maintain contact during a transaction that vendor creates STRESS, for the consignee.

This case is a perfect example of this.

I have never done business with MacMedia, or Kent as he is known. I trust the recommendations of the people on Signs101 greatly.
With the world so filled with scam artists and people who are totally out to due harm to unsuspecting people, all of us MUST attempt to do our due diligence prior to committing to send parts, money or any transaction.

However when someone such as myself NEEDS parts, or repair services, and those services or parts are difficult to attain, {and are required on a time sensitive basis} we can make rush decisions to attempt to keep our equipment running, making money at our end. We are also attempting to keep our clients happy by not having large gaps in our delivery system which can jeopardize our reputations as well.

NOW, to this situation. MacMedia, [ and Kent ] have been in contact with me several times over the last several days. Do to a missed delivery to MacMedia of the part I sent for repair, I was forced to ask for the Fed-Ex package to be returned to me. Forcing me into additional expense and to try to find another vendor who can repair my main board for the printer.

As a consideration to [Kent] @ MacMedia. The current situation of not having readily available contact with you as a vendor, is VERY DISCONCERTING to a potential client such as myself.

Several of the people [companies} that have gratuitously responded on this thread have left less than flattering reviews regarding your services.

As a vendor, I would think you could have handled your communications and transactions with these folks perhaps in a better way. THAT is between you and them.

Several issues could have precipitated the resolution to these negative responses here.
Not being large enough to handle the work load, having "other" business issues that take time from your advertised services, or failing to honestly represent what your company is capable of providing, both parts or services. And providing REASONABLE time frames in which the client [that could have been me] can expect to see their particular situation being resolved.

That would be up to MacMedia to decide.

That being said, as a direct result of the LACK of Direct available communication with Kent, I have chosen to seek other avenues to repair my parts.

It is sad that someone [or a business] is either TO BUSY, TO SMALL, or to uninterested in the needs of their clients, to make transactions such as this, safer, less stressful for both parties, and with results that are "WIN/WIN" for all parties involved.

I hold no ill will toward MacMedia, nor Kent, I just wish him well, and hope that my comments here may cause Kent {MacMedia} to evaluate how to better serve the clients that are the life blood of any business.

I sincerly hope my comments here will assist everyone in making better decisions in the future.

Stagecraft

I am not drawing any conclusions yet but...I sent the board from my Roland SJ745EX in for repair, after a week I hadn't heard back so I contacted Kent, he apologized and said the board was fixed and ready to ship, I got delivery to my door 24 hours later. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I finally get around to installing it. The head that wasn't firing before is now working fine but another head that was working is now not firing at all. I did email Kent yesterday morning and he promptly replied saying he was very busy and would get in touch with me in the afternoon. Two follow-up emails later I have still not heard back. Still have my fingers crossed.

printhog

Stagecraft - one head dead or two? if a board went out it'll be two heads that wont print (all of bank A, B,or C)... otherwise its likely your cables..

netsol

i did a mapquest. almost 2.5 hrs away. a little too far.
it looks like a business out of a house.

if you bought through ebay, you can give them a bad rating. if they are a power seller, the bad rating changes the payment arrangemnt from getting paid for purchases immediately to waiting 30 days. that should get their attention, disrupting cash flow

I just had a thought.

Is there ANY sign people who are in close proximity of the address of this person [service]??

Would someone be willing to verify the address and any local info regarding the viability of this 'so called' service provider?

I would certainly be up to help someone asking for similar info regarding a merchant in question that was in my area. This could be a way of weeding out the bad seeds.

k.a.s.

Vinylman

That's great, maybe if he would conduct business better close home he wouldn't have to travel so far. So next time you are there ask him if he enjoyed the $1200 he stole from me hope he bought himself something nice. Maybe he can send me 120, $10 T-shirts, since he likes giving them away.

Kevin

trancelot

My imagination is bigger than yours.
They're solid. Great work. Great Service!

I used them to repair a board for a Roland. Mac Media was great.

I am in need of HELP!

I am looking for anyone that has had dealings with MacMedia from here on the board.

I have a JV33 printer that looks like it needs repair on the main board. I have had a number of email discussions with MacMedia, and he {kent} seemed very helpful. I sent my main circuit board to him via FedEx the other day, and have not been able to get any updates on what is going on with my repairs.

Has anyone heard of him? or had interaction with him?

I need someone who might be able to give me feedback good or bad, A.S.A.P.

This is a GREAT community, and we need to help each other find quality, safe, merchants that can be safe to do business with.

Bob Rochon

Seasoned Sign Freak
Huh, I sent a board from my old versacamm sp300v to MacMedia, my whole experience was perfect. That machine is still printing.
Glad I never read this post before I did.

Stagecraft

Stagecraft - one head dead or two? if a board went out it'll be two heads that wont print (all of bank A, B,or C)... otherwise its likely your cables..
One half of one head was out. We sent the board in because Kent at MacMedia said it was probably a board fuse. We had tried swapping cables already and that didn't fix the problem.

Stagecraft

Would NEVER, EVER recommend dealing with Kent Leung at Mac Media. Virtually impossible to get any communication from this company or Kent himself.I've sent polite and professional emails and have given him every chance to contact us regarding the problems we're having with the second board he's sent us but no luck. Stay far, far away from this guy.