• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Main Tape PerfecTEAR plus any good?

signmeup

I have access to a new supplier and they offer this "Main Tape" brand I haven't tried. Is is any good? I need it for general purpose cut vinyl. It cost less than what I've been using but I don't need a roll of cheap crap if it's no good.

We were not happy with it when we tried it. It curled really bad and would not lift the vinyl off of the backing as well as R-tape. IMO

JoshLoring

I use main tape as well.. Make sure you buy perfectTear layflat.

I've used others and didn't like any. Also it's more in what tack you buy then what brand. For low low tack we use clear. Fir most installs we use low tack. For shipping out to clients high tack because it lasts longer.

Help?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Perfect tear. Name says it all. I use R-tape 4075, heavy tack. Main Tape curls to much for our use.

S

scarface

now see i hate any paper tape but 4076 which is the RLA conform series from Rtape. Everything else curls here anyway

trakers

We are using Perfect Tear as well. I have 4 brand new rolls of Rtape Conform sitting here that won't stick to the release liner. Put it down and a couple minutes later huge bubbles and tunnels. The Main tape product is performing well.

signmeup

Well.....quite a good responce. Looks like Main Tape gets the thumbs up. Thanks to all who gave their opinion.

S

scarface

Well.....quite a good responce. Looks like Main Tape gets the thumbs up. Thanks to all who gave their opinion.

How do you like the main tape? I want to get some 575 serious high tack but am not wanting it to tunnel or curl up on me.

Thanks.

Bobas Kalobas

they changed?

Fellers sends MT with a new tube...It seems to fail faster when ya use it wet! It is not the same 575 that they used to make. I think they get it made in China now. I been using it since 1999 and now its not as good. I for one am searching around. Everybody is aiming lower these days...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Fellers sends MT with a new tube...It seems to fail faster when ya use it wet! It is not the same 575 that they used to make. I think they get it made in China now. I been using it since 1999 and now its not as good. I for one am searching around. Everybody is aiming lower these days...

Everything is made in China.