• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is my pricing outrageous?

Craig Sjoquist

Thinks your price is fine, if full color to low, heavy vinyl also low.

I looked at your web site, and it appears you do good reasonable work and professional.
Your in a retail location that looks professional and bet it is safe area also.

Now this customer are they comparing apples to apples ?

This is a good opportunity ... Design up the banner, take a picture of what he ended up with ... compare ...I'm betting yours reads & looks better.

To improve your value in retail advertising read Mike Steve's Mastering layout and Dan Antonelli 2 books.... do some serious study ..

Advertising has value and that earns not costs, it is there best sales force behind there company team..Poor signs cost not earn this is well proven.

KARYN BUSH

I don't think she saw me "eat" some of my words. I did check out some of her work (nice) As for pricing, I'm guessing that is where you draw the line at being a fan...... being 2x more than her prices?

No I didn't!! haha...it's all good! Nice to meet ya skyhigh! My prices are digital prints so naturally its going to be cheaper than hand painted. My customers are totally wanting fast and least amount of $. Everyone is going digital now so ya gotta roll with the changes...or ya lose that sale. My thought is: you can charge a decent amount for specialty items like glass, paint, pinstriping...because that isn't done by everyone. Video killed the radio star, vinyl killed the painter, and digital rolls the vinyl jockey....wait til halograms come out...then we'll all be shyt outa luck! Make it while you can!

As for cut vinyl...I hardly ever do that except for truck lettering and one color signs. Hell I don't even paint backgrounds...I design, push print, laminate and apply to dibond. I'm in it for the $...:rock-n-roll: and time is too precious!

PS..I'm a huge Jillbeans fan! :thumb:

jrsc

We've been selling at $9 psf. Recently we've been getting more people thinking we are a little high. We've been running a promotion the last couple months to draw in customers at $5.40 psf. We sold a ton of banners at that price. Now I'm ending the promotion and thinking I will bring my standard price down to $7.50 psf. Our prices include basic design/setup. Basically placing text and graphics on the page where the customer wants them. We usually start to discount our psf price around 100 square feet.

CentralSigns

$8 per square every day on 13oz. (hemmed & grommeted), no complaints and usually same-day service if possible. Quick and easy to do banners! :smile:

We are the same here in the Rockies. Don't let the cheapoo companies set your prices. They can get it done for $3 per ft2 there but who will stand behind the work at that price. You offer one on one service and stand behind your products.

waximoff

Your price was obviously "outrageous" to your potential client because they told you so...What you or others here think is not relevant if you losing out on sales....

I disagree. I would say it is NOT obviously outrageous. What that customer thinks is not relevant to o.p.'s question. The o.p. came on here asking a question about his pricing and whether or not his whole company should adjust pricing if the "experts" on this forum deemed his numbers outrageous. So one customer comes in saying he is 3 times as high, Sounds like they are a shopper for sure. I say let them shop.

J

john1

Of course your pricing is outrageous, Your trying to make a honest buck lol

Looks good to me man, Charge what you need to!

I would never go below $5 psf unless is was a crazy big order and even then that would be pushing it. The stuff we can produce in full color has so much VALUE it's well worth even $10 psf

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I must be blessed. My customers tell me I'm alot more expensive than others, yet they leave their old sign shops (for me) & keep coming back.

Perhaps those shops that charge half of what I do, don't have the time to give that personalized service. It seems for my customers, SERVICE is more important than price. Go figure.

Old saying,
If your he cheapest in town, your the busiest and the brokest.
Work smart and hard and you will be fine. Let the tightwads walk and service the good customers and charge a premium for your premium work.