• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is that the best you can do?

J

john1

I would be like, Yes that is the best i can do. I have a Ferrari to pay for. lol

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
When I get "can you do better?" or "is that the best you can do?"

I almost always start with "how about a free pen too?!" ... they all know they get a free pen if they ask.

also quoting the price higher works. ... i then respond with " ... yeah, that is a better price for me!" -smile and wink inserted afterwords-

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Often times, people will ask if I can do any better. I'll usually tilt my head, look at them and ask them.... in what way ?? :help

Do you mean my clothes, my deodorant.... or maybe you're talking about the price ??

I have two ways I can go.... I can either help them and give a little more off, but then I explain to them, I'll have to leave some things out I considered your needing, but that's your choice.
OR​
I don't haggle [which is the farthest thing from the truth]. I gave you my best price... right off the bat and you know exactly what you're getting. I know what it takes to stay in business. If you want cheaper, go to a cheap sign place or some backyard hack.... that's where the deals are. Then again, you won't have top notch materials and craftsmanship going into your sign. You'll only get what you pay for in this world.

Most of the time, they feel too embarrassed to back out, if you confront them with the truth.