Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Aeon Mira 9 a good laser?

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by Cut Cut, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    I’m in the market for a budget laser. I’m liking the Aeon Mira 9 because of its big bed and it’s compact design. My shop has a small doorway and no way to get a bigger machine in.

Does anyone have any experience with Aeon lasers and if they are any good?

2. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    No direct experience but the price on their website seems very high to me. I would check out Rabbit laser or Automation Tech in Chicago [I have one of theirs for my daughter and granddaughter]. The Aeon has a Ruida controller with RDworks software- that is the only thing I saw that I liked. Look for a Reci laser tube and if you really want to learn about chicom lasers go to RDworkslab.com.

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
  4. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have the Aeon Nova14! I absolutely love it!! Danny and his crew are great to work with!!

5. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    What do you do with yours? How long have you had it?

6. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    mugs, tumblers, cups, acrylic and wood that have small detail. I have a ton of stuff lined up... for when I get more time. haha!

7. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    Well that’s good to hear! Do you mind posting a pic of a detailed engraving?