Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Manual for Omega 2.0 worth $95?

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by zipper, Jul 30, 2004.

1. zipper

zipper New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    I recently upgraded from Omega 1.56CP to Omega 2.02. This time I did not receive the manual to go with the new software. When I asked my dealer, he said the manual is provided at additional cost of $95. I heard the new manual is very thick. Aside from using the help section that's built into the program does the manual have anything in there that would justify spending $95?

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

hahhaahahahaa..GERBER GOTCHA...again!!!! of couse its worth every penny of that $95 EXTRA DOLLAR they want cause it says GERBER.....in honesty....if i paid BIG BUCKS ($hundreds)for a program, and it didnt INCLUDE the manual.......i wouldnt be real happy!!!!!!

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Press the "HELP" button

:thankyou:

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Is the $95. bucks for the full manual for the software or the release notes on what has changed since the last version?
    Mike

5. Dale Horn

Dale Horn Member

Oct 30, 2003
    You can get the .pdf version from gspinc.com to see if it's worth it to you.
    I think it's close to 900 pages. :biggrin:

6. Bob Gilliland

Bob Gilliland Member

May 23, 2003
    Bob,

As Dale mentioned, you can download the entire package you would spend the money for. Visit Gerber’s website and from the left hand side of the navigation area, select Customer Corner>Literature, or just click this link

Download it, check it out, and if desired, print it yourself or order the entire set. I couldn’t print and present it cheaper then the 100 bucks, so I order hardcopies from GSP.

Mike,

You get the entire “Literature” package for Omega including but not limited to
    Users Manual, Learning Guide, Getting Started, Release Notes, etc.