• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is the mutoh outdoor reliable

abatol

I noticed that the parts are reasonably priced. Are they reliable and easy to trouble shoot and work on?

letterman7

No. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, the parts are becoming harder to find. They aren't the most reliable or quickest printer out there, but if you're just getting your feet wet and can find one in decent shape, they aren't a bad starting printer. The next generation models are so much better and more reliable.

Dennis422

I bought one few months ago. It is a good but slow machine.
You will have issues finding profiles for specific substrates and/or RIP's.

I bought mine in non-working condition and I was lucky that the local tech had two heads laying around and he gave them to me cheap, both for $300.
Got it up and running for around $600 paid to the tech. He was here for about 3 hours.

if you can get something better, go for it. If the Falcon is all you can afford or all you want to spend, go for it too. It is a good machine, but much slower and pretty soon, we'll have shortage of parts.

Another thing to look into, buy it now, and next year trade it in for a new one, you can get $4K off on the new machine. You can find used Falcon for 2K-3K and use it for a year for free and even make some money. :smile:

SlightlyChilled

SUB SUB SUB it out what you need. Here is the rule. Sub out till you bring in the cash to buy one outright plus the cost of having a tech come in for when it goes down. Then you are good. Look I know its cool to print your own big stuff... I fell into a falcon and it took some LONG nights and some beans to get it and keep it running. You are looking at 500 a head right now. Plus the capping station pumps and tubes. I love my little 48 but if I had it to do all over I would get REAL chummy with a bigger sign shop and let them have the problems... Not to add you need a laminator/ RIP/and a cutter with an eye for contour cuts... Look at my old posted I may not be a good designer but I know Falcons...

Dennis422

SUB SUB SUB it out what you need. Here is the rule. Sub out till you bring in the cash to buy one outright plus the cost of having a tech come in for when it goes down. Then you are good. Look I know its cool to print your own big stuff... I fell into a falcon and it took some LONG nights and some beans to get it and keep it running. You are looking at 500 a head right now. Plus the capping station pumps and tubes. I love my little 48 but if I had it to do all over I would get REAL chummy with a bigger sign shop and let them have the problems... Not to add you need a laminator/ RIP/and a cutter with an eye for contour cuts... Look at my old posted I may not be a good designer but I know Falcons...

He is right, if you want it for small stuff, go ahead, but still outsource the the big prints.
I have one of the MM print all of mine big stuff.

I have a big 54" cutter, but I do not have a laminator. That is one more thing that I need to buy.
Next year this time, if everything works out right, I will be trading in Falcon for a 54" Mutoh or I might be buying something else, definitely, 54" or bigger.

abatol

Thx folks

This is the type of advice I was hoping to get. All of it very good and real. I live in a town of maybe 100,000 and there are no techs here . I have not really gotten a response from the distr. I have called . I bought a jv3sp and while looking at the parts available and the prices I noticed the heads and main board for the mutoh outdoor were cheaper. I do plan on subing as well . But as was said its just something in most of us to control your own. Anyway thx alot .I hope to be printing in the next 6 weeks. at east when its to my advantage .