• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is the PC60 a plotter?

dweavers

I have seen the PC60 advertised a lot as a printer/plotter/cutter.
Can any one tell me if it is possible the to remove the cutting blade and replace it with a plotting pen? If so how and is this procedure documented as I can't seem to find it anywhere.:help

401Graphics

I had a pc600 i got for free cuz it didnt turn on, fixed it in five minutes.
So im assuming the pc60 is also a combo printer cutter. Yes you can put a pen holder in it just like with any other cutter.
Are you going to buy one? Are you aware these things are super slow? And you will run out of ribbon after printing about 6 sq feet.

Here is a video of mine when i was selling it shortly after i fixed it. (sold it for $1600)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKnmde_3Aw

Tizz

I improvised with mine when I had one, back in the days.
I yanked out the tip to an old ball point pen (making sure it was a long tip), and jammed it into the end of the cutting blade holder (removed the cutting blade of course), then set the depth and worked a treat. It was for a one off.