Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a 4 color 62" Falcon

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by qualitekp2, Apr 3, 2010.

1. qualitekp2

qualitekp2 New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    I checked the Mutoh Falcon Outdoor pdf brochure but it does not say how many colors it has.

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. 4 color printer and ever so often, I have trouble with one color streaking. I want to get a 48" or 62" model so I have been monitoring Ebay. They always seem to be 6 colors though, and I don't want to have 6 colors to deal with. So is there a 4 color model in 48" or 62" sizes?

I use Pjannto RIP. Is it easy to just download a 4 color profile for a 6 color printer and it would print perfectly, even though the lt cyan and lt magenta may be streaking?

Tags:
  2. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Only the 38 is 4 Color... The others are all 6 Colors..... Get a Valuejet, much less headaches.....

3. gbarker

gbarker Member

Nov 1, 2006
    I've been running a 48" Falcon Outdoor for a few years using the CMYK (not CMYKLcLm) option in SAI Production Manager. I replaced the Lc & Lm cartridge with a cleaning cartridge and it prints fine. You have to swap the chrome sticker for it to recognize the cleaning cart as a color cart. Another option is to keep a Lc & Lm cart in the machine but only use the CMYK option if available. The carts will last a long time since the only time the machine should use them is during cleanings and nozzle checks.

4. qualitekp2

qualitekp2 New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Thanks,

Very useful information.