• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a 4 color 62" Falcon

qualitekp2

I checked the Mutoh Falcon Outdoor pdf brochure but it does not say how many colors it has.

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. 4 color printer and ever so often, I have trouble with one color streaking. I want to get a 48" or 62" model so I have been monitoring Ebay. They always seem to be 6 colors though, and I don't want to have 6 colors to deal with. So is there a 4 color model in 48" or 62" sizes?

I use Pjannto RIP. Is it easy to just download a 4 color profile for a 6 color printer and it would print perfectly, even though the lt cyan and lt magenta may be streaking?

gbarker

I've been running a 48" Falcon Outdoor for a few years using the CMYK (not CMYKLcLm) option in SAI Production Manager. I replaced the Lc & Lm cartridge with a cleaning cartridge and it prints fine. You have to swap the chrome sticker for it to recognize the cleaning cart as a color cart. Another option is to keep a Lc & Lm cart in the machine but only use the CMYK option if available. The carts will last a long time since the only time the machine should use them is during cleanings and nozzle checks.