• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is there a bitmap doctor in the house?

tiredcreations

The file looks pretty clean, but what if I want a 3' print of it? What's the best route?

Do I need this file enhanced/recreated, or whatever. I'm no good with photoshop. Anyone do this stuff?

Copy of Klogo.jpg

It should look like a piece of steel w/ some pitting maybe.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That looks large enough to enlarge it with Blowup or some other image enlargement software. If you don't have such software, send me the file and I'll enlarge it for you.

What is the intended viewing distance?

Jim Doggett

The file looks pretty clean, but what if I want a 3' print of it? What's the best route?

Do I need this file enhanced/recreated, or whatever. I'm no good with photoshop. Anyone do this stuff?

View attachment 50028

It should look like a piece of steel w/ some pitting maybe.

Recreate it in Photoshop at 150dpi or better; 5400 pixels wide ... and if you have to scale the image more than 20% to get there, it'll be pretty rough at output size.

The good news is that it's a prety easy graphic to recreate. Some layer effects and a gradient fill is all you need.

My $0.02,

Jim

tiredcreations

the viewing distance will be pretty far for this one sign, but I will be doing future work for this customer & they will want all different size logos for all different things.

I would like to start with a nice clean logo & he doesn't have it. Don't know if vector is possible?

Anyone good at this, shoot me a price. Fred, if enlargement software is the best solution then I will gladly take you up on your offer.

Jim Doggett

the viewing distance will be pretty far for this one sign, but I will be doing future work for this customer & they will want all different size logos for all different things.

I would like to start with a nice clean logo & he doesn't have it. Don't know if vector is possible?

Anyone good at this, shoot me a price. Fred, if enlargement software is the best solution then I will gladly take you up on your offer.

Maybe; if the customer accepts it'll be fine at distance even though it's pixelated up close.

And there are scaling solutions that help, albeit it'll be kind of fuzzy.

If it were me, since the outlines are pretty simple. I'd import the image into CorelDRAW and draw the outlines over it. Then I'd export an EPS to Photoshop and break the elements into layers to apply the various effects. Maybe 30 minutes of design. And if the bumpy quality is preferred to a crisp image, noise and a slight blur will be a near exact match to the smaller image.

I think that's the way to go. Turing 500 pixels into 5000 is a stretch, even for the best scaling / correction software.

IMO,

Jim

iSign

Jim's plan sounds good to me to.. plus, you can sell the client on having you make these on a router for there most important impressions

tiredcreations

no takers?

Ok, I can see you guys are gonna make me try this myself. Of course I will be saving the original as it may be better than what I end up with.

Thanks for the input.

javila

It's nothing more than shapes with bevels, pattern and gradient overlays, shouldn't take more than 30 mins to put together.