• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a cheaper alternative to phototex?

depps74

I like phototex, but its pretty expensive compared to a straight vinyl like 3M Ij35, Anyone know of some cheaper alternatives?

toomeycustoms

We used to use graphitex, but it just isn't the same as Phototex. With graphitex the adhesive tends to become permanent over time. We were running into issues with removal of the graphitex damaging walls and residual adhesive left behind. There is one other solution similar to Phototex called Prestotex, but the cost is nearly the same, so why not stick with the proven product.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We used to use graphitex, but it just isn't the same as Phototex. With graphitex the adhesive tends to become permanent over time. We were running into issues with removal of the graphitex damaging walls and residual adhesive left behind. There is one other solution similar to Phototex called Prestotex, but the cost is nearly the same, so why not stick with the proven product.

Their thicker versions are killer!

klingsdesigns

What are you trying to use it for. We do a lot of print cut things with the wall frog and it cut really nice. I had problems with the phototex doing that and it will start to come off the backing when going through the printer and i would get head strikes.

dale911

President
I also run a lot of concept 250 wallfrog for the shops I print for. I had a sample on my own wall for 4 years and peeled it right off. Put it on some backing paper when I moved and right back up on another wall and it looks like new now after almost 2 more years.

clarizeyale

I like wall frog.
I also run a lot of concept 250 wallfrog for the shops I print for. I had a sample on my own wall for 4 years and peeled it right off. Put it on some backing paper when I moved and right back up on another wall and it looks like new now after almost 2 more years.

I really wanted to like wallfrog but for some reason, I always had trouble cutting it? or printing it. I forget which (it's been a while) so we just stick with phototex.. it cuts on the plotter very nice and my prints are always vibrant with the right profile.

RISEgraphics

I'm looking for some other alternatives, too. We use Phototex religiously, but the cost is getting intense for how often we need it. I found that Sihl came out with QuickStick recently, but can't find many reviews. Anyone have any experience using Sihl's QuickStick?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking for some other alternatives, too. We use Phototex religiously, but the cost is getting intense for how often we need it. I found that Sihl came out with QuickStick recently, but can't find many reviews. Anyone have any experience using Sihl's QuickStick?

I have a branch in SLC and I have a great alternative that is under $0.70 sq.ft.

klingsdesigns

I really wanted to like wallfrog but for some reason, I always had trouble cutting it? or printing it. I forget which (it's been a while) so we just stick with phototex.. it cuts on the plotter very nice and my prints are always vibrant with the right profile.

For printing never had an issue on our vp-540. Cutting we have a separate newer blade 60 degree just for wall frog and nothing else.

LarryB

We use General Formulations 234 Wall Fabric and love it. It's just as good as PhotoTex and save $75/roll