• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Is there a choice............ ??

2B

Have a customer bringing in a truck next week and wants to hide the ghosting of the old graphics. It's really bad and other than painting it, it has to be covered. The lettering going on this truck is small for being a 24' box truck. It's not worth wrapping and such, as the graphics are only going to be about 3' × 4.5'. Painting would be alright, but they're in a hurry and don't wanna wait for the paint to dry properly, before putting on the small logo.

So, I was thinking of just using the color change stuff, but that's kind of expensive. They'll only be using this for traveling between locations in a 2 or 3 state area in the midwest. Would ij35 or ij40 work for covering up the ghosting. No rivets, just those big fat 2" buttons, which we'll remove and then put back on.

Thanks for any input as we don't use the color wrap all that much.
Gene

I don't understand what you are getting at ??

In you OP you state it is not worth wrapping.
Simple logic concludes that you are doing sectional applications, and then using the attached image there appears to be no ghosting on/around the side rivets.
therefore you are only using enough material to cover the ghosting. Which means you are going to have different colors on the box truck. Patch vinyl one color, truck another color, especially because you didn't state if you would be printing these patches.
Hence the scab reference as it will look like a scab on the truck

so why go through the hassle of removing/reinstalling the rivets when horizontal application will go quicker.

Finally, never said that horizontal is the correct / perfect or primary way to install wrap vinyl.
when you are doing A FULL WRAP on box trucks / cargo trailers / reefer style trailers, wall murals, multiple tiled pieces, etc. is initially always looked at to be done vertical,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where in the world did you ever come up with those deductions ?? If you read that in my OP, then you are seeing things that are not there. Please don't make this another personal attack again.

:thankyou: