• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a company to Buy OSHA / NFPA / ISO / ANSI sign legends?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have been doing a lot of safety signage for a few clients and we currently have to recreate everything to the various code standards, Is there anywhere we can buy a Catalog much like MUTCD of sign legends preset ready to go?

equippaint

I've never been able to find much of anything and create them by hand as needed. Let me know if you come up with anything, it would be a big time saver.

fresh

Look on Adobe Stock... and if you find something that works pm me, i have a ton of credits and I never use them up but I can't cancel because then I lose them. Its annoying.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
All of the qualifying agencies that require their information or logo to be on a product will be able to supply you with the necessary templates or digital files. A lot of information (and misinformation) can be found on the internet. Much of this information is proprietary, and cannot be legally used without the owner's permission. I find this resource helpful: https://ultimatesymbol.com/officialsigns&icons3

Christian @ 2CT Media

All of the qualifying agencies that require their information or logo to be on a product will be able to supply you with the necessary templates or digital files. A lot of information (and misinformation) can be found on the internet. Much of this information is proprietary, and cannot be legally used without the owner's permission. I find this resource helpful: https://ultimatesymbol.com/officialsigns&icons3
These are just the Icons, we have most of these. I'm looking for the various approved workplace or equipment safety signs. Like hard hat required or eye wash station, etc

equippaint

These are just the Icons, we have most of these. I'm looking for the various approved workplace or equipment safety signs. Like hard hat required or eye wash station, etc
AFAIK, the signs are general requirements and don't typically have specific standards. If anything, there may be state requirements which we have seen in VA and NC for specific labels on machines. Even those were subjective - colors and wording was spelled out but size? It just said visible from X feet on each corner.
Usually a picture to cover the illiterate and non-native speakers and wording is recommended but even that is not an OSHA requirement as far as I know. This is the majority of what we do I rarely see any consistency between labeling and signage. Even lockout / tagout does not have a specific guideline as far as the labeling goes.

Glavin_ID

I wrote a PowerPoint on this exact topic and presented it to a regional safety council in March If anyone wants me to send it to them, send me an email at dan.glavin@glavinID.com and I will happily send it along. This is a complicated road to navigate and my biggest takeaway is that ONLY the end user can determine what signage and sizes are necessary. They know their facility and the risks involved in their processes, they should know the standards and tell you what they want their signs/labels to say. As for the actual symbols and headers, we have spent 30 years building a library for ourselves and it gives us a competitive advantage. Took a lot of time and cost a lot of money, but it has been worth it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I wrote a PowerPoint on this exact topic and presented it to a regional safety council in March If anyone wants me to send it to them, send me an email at dan.glavin@glavinID.com and I will happily send it along. This is a complicated road to navigate and my biggest takeaway is that ONLY the end user can determine what signage and sizes are necessary. They know their facility and the risks involved in their processes, they should know the standards and tell you what they want their signs/labels to say. As for the actual symbols and headers, we have spent 30 years building a library for ourselves and it gives us a competitive advantage. Took a lot of time and cost a lot of money, but it has been worth it.
I agree with you that the end client knows what they need. We have almost 6000 symbols we use for USA, Canada, and Europe... It's just there are 5+ standards in the USA and we are getting tired of rebuilding signs that have been around for decades with mostly mild refreshes. I'll probably just pull a catalog from the big supply houses and all the standards and have our designer start creating our version of them.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Look on Adobe Stock... and if you find something that works pm me, i have a ton of credits and I never use them up but I can't cancel because then I lose them. Its annoying.
Thank you for the offer... I'm in the same boat with Adobe Stock. That's were we got most of the icons for the signs.