• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a font ceiling in Win 7?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
We have finally went to Win 7 with one of our design stations and we keep running into what seems to be a limit on the number of fonts installed -- about 570....

Anyone else seen this?

Also, even with no. of fonts under this "limit", fonts still get dropped from the list at random times...

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? Its driving us craaaaaaaaazzzzzyyyy....

njshorts

I'm at a hair over 2000... a bit slow on loading font lists, but otherwise- no issues. need to prune it down to less than half, one of these days... (Win7 Pro x64)

SignBurst PCs

We have experienced some incompatibility or lack of support for some old font types, but not a direct limit on the number of fonts. You may find limits in particular applications, but that can be overcome with "font manager" software. This type of software will speed up the loading of design software as well. For a quick, down and dirty read: http://hotwiredtech.com/blog.html#FontManagers. It can be a real convenience and time saver.