• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a perf banner material?

binki

I got a request for a perf banner today. Basic application is on a chain link fence at a ball park. Ideas on this material and where to get it?

Mosh

All the ones I have ever used I did not like. The prints look washed. Not saying there is not a place for mesh banners, but a normal banner installed properly sholud give you better results. It is all in the install! Fellars carries mesh banner material BTW.

MikePro

i use mesh banner material, as well... occasionally. Solvent printable, but I've also been known to add cut vinyl letters, as well, for the same reason mentioned by Mosh.

binki

thanks for the 411 on fellers. the customer is aware of the print quality, he requested this material for the top of his backstop fencing.

as far as the washed look, i feel the same way about window perf.

SE SignSupply

thanks for the 411 on fellers. the customer is aware of the print quality, he requested this material for the top of his backstop fencing.

as far as the washed look, i feel the same way about window perf.

Try printing with a matte banner profile and setting the printer to a double or triple strike with a .2 second pass delay. It takes forever and uses double or triple the ink but the results are amazing, from 10' away you can't tell it's mesh.

Also, try the same trick on the window perf using a matte vinyle profile and a double strike.

Ryan

Never heard of mesh looking "washed out" No way to even tell difference between mesh and banner. No need for any different profiles other than whatever you use for banner or double passes. If anything mesh requires less ink density and should be able run at machines fastest speed with no issues.

Can you tell the difference from the attached of which is mesh and which is banner? All were run in billboard mode at an average of 1500 s/f an hour

Attachments

• bluefish.jpg
    bluefish.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 76
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 81
  • potsdam2.jpg
    potsdam2.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 98
  • finishing.jpg
    finishing.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

copythat

Hot

The baseball scene was perfectly separated. We have done a few of our own. Small scale of course. But I've seen a very bad one at a Trump hotel in New Roc NY. I laugh every-time I see it. The scene is people enjoy drinks at the bar but the woman's nose was never cut well on second pane that she has a very long nose. I'll post next time I go by it!

But you guys know what your doing!

MikePro

aye, i hate when people print tiles with spacing, but don't add the spacing to their artwork.

i'd much rather "look through a window pane" than "force my eyes to piece together a puzzle"