Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a program that can plot the exact measurements of corner to corner of each letter?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 0igo, Aug 22, 2018.

1. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    Im trying to get the exact measurements down of a few words but i need them to be in a straight line if that makes sense? below is an example of what i mean.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    i'm very confused by your question

3. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    yea me too lol. i dont know how to ask it haha. so imagine a straight line with marks. each mark will indicate a bend. for example the letter T has 8 corners (8 bends). i need straight line to have a mark on each corner from a to b and b to c, etc..

4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I assume you're making returns, and I believe you're looking for the word "PERIMETER" - the total distance around a geometric shape...or, in this case, a letter.

A CAD program like AutoCAD will give you the perimeter (and area) of grouped objects, and if they're un-grouped it will give you lengths of specific segments such as lines and arcs.

Not sure about other programs...most will give you line segment length, but I don't know about arcs and beziers.

JB

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  5. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    • Like Like x 1
  6. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Flexi will do this. Select your item and hit File>Job Statisitics. Shows the perimeter, area, etc.

Attached Files:

7. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    CorelDraw macro.