• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is there a program that can plot the exact measurements of corner to corner of each letter?

0igo

Im trying to get the exact measurements down of a few words but i need them to be in a straight line if that makes sense? below is an example of what i mean.

Attachments

• plot poinst.jpg
    plot poinst.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 163

0igo

i'm very confused by your question
yea me too lol. i dont know how to ask it haha. so imagine a straight line with marks. each mark will indicate a bend. for example the letter T has 8 corners (8 bends). i need straight line to have a mark on each corner from a to b and b to c, etc..

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I assume you're making returns, and I believe you're looking for the word "PERIMETER" - the total distance around a geometric shape...or, in this case, a letter.

A CAD program like AutoCAD will give you the perimeter (and area) of grouped objects, and if they're un-grouped it will give you lengths of specific segments such as lines and arcs.

Not sure about other programs...most will give you line segment length, but I don't know about arcs and beziers.

JB

Last edited:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Flexi will do this. Select your item and hit File>Job Statisitics. Shows the perimeter, area, etc.

Attachments

• flexi.jpg
    flexi.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 98