Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question Is there a simple way to do font style this in Flexi?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Jayefkay531, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    I have about 100 of these to make for a customer - it will just be cut vinyl. They won't budge on design as we are matching something they have. However...is there an easy way to lay this out in Flexi or AI (like an offset function or something)? Aside from typing and manually typing and adding spaces until it looks right?

If I have to, I'll type them all and do it this way, but just curious if there's a more efficient way that I don't know about.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I tried using Text to Path which works for the angle, except you need to be able to rotate the letters, but you can't, unless you select each letter and manually rotate. So looks like you have to type and space them manually.

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Do you have indesign? Could always make a bunch of text boxes and have them linked to each other, just enough space to fill a letter. Might need a seperate artwork for each amount of letters but with a data merge I could probably knock out 100 designs in about 10 mins

4. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    Ah - I hadn't thought of indesign. I'll relay this and give it a shot. Thank you!

5. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    That's exactly where I got stuck too in Flexi. I'm going to try InDesign as iPrintStuff suggested and see if that works. Thanks for the response!

6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It did take me approx 5 seconds to think of it so there is probably a better way somewhere. Let me know how you get on!

7. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    I take it there are different text for each of those 100? If that's the case, what about a print merge whereby you create 1 that includes extra characters then using an excel spreadsheet to set the names. A separate cell for each character. Probably just as much trouble though.

Just spitballing here. Never tried such a thing.

8. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    yeah that’s why I mentioned a merge, only reason I said it would take 10 mins is I’d set up a file for each new word with a different amount of letters, though you probably wouldn’t need to.

9. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Sorry, I missed that it had already been mentioned. I'd do it in Corel but outcome still the same

10. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    Here Ya Go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Interesting but it's still a one time event right? You type one line of text do the effect then type another etc. Or is the text editable afterword?

12. Jayefkay531

Jayefkay531 Member

May 10, 2017
    CT
    That is super clever - I had never thought of breaking it apart like that. To answer myront's question...the text is still edible to an extent. I'd have to type each word out, but then can put the effect on all at one time.

Thank you!

13. karst41

karst41 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Stone Mountain, GA
    That ROCKS!