• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a single RIP software I can use to manage both Mimaki and HP Latex printers?

WhatsYourSign?

Right now we use RasterLink Pro for our Mimaki and Flexi for our HP.

Is it possible to manage both of these from a single interface to simplify operations?

Thank you!

Superior_Adam

Check Flexi to see if your Mimaki printer is in that list. We run our HP Latex and Mutoh VJ out of Flexi no problem. We did have to upgrade to the current version when we added our HP Latex as it was not supported in the version we had.

jimdtg

Check Flexi to see if your Mimaki printer is in that list. We run our HP Latex and Mutoh VJ out of Flexi no problem. We did have to upgrade to the current version when we added our HP Latex as it was not supported in the version we had.

I guess that Flexi is HP Edition that doesn't have Mimaki in device listing so WhatsYourSign? asked.

chartle

Ok I'm looking for something other than rasterlinkPro 5SG since mostly I'm trying to move it to a new machine and having issues.

So I registered at Onyx to download a trial version but not sure what I need. I have a single Mimaki JV33-130 controlled by one PC. I also I have a CG-130fxII I run through Illustrator.

I think I would just need ONYX RIPCenter.

thanks cliff

ikarasu

Do you like flexi? You can upgrade your hp edition to work with both. I believe I was quoted $1500. I opted to pay the $50 a month subscription version instead.

After a year... I canceled and paid $2000 for onyx. Right now onyx has a 25% special for their 30 year anniversary. Ends at the end of the month I believe - contact grimco or another rep.. It's cheaper to get thrive than it is to get the lower poster shop version.

I paid $2000 Canadian with trade in for the newest onyx.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Call Onyx and they'll tell you the minimum version you need to run your combo. We have a couple different versions here on our rip stations. We've had 1 rip running Mimaki, HP and Epsons all at once. We still run our CG130FXII here through Onyx.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
What are the disadvantages of using RasterLink Pro to run a Mimaki flatbed printer versus using Onyx to do the same thing? I'm only asking because we have two HP Latex printers driven by Onyx Thrive. We recently installed a Mimaki flatbed printer and that (obviously) is driven by RasterLink Pro. What would we gain by using Onyx to drive that flatbed printer?

MachServTech

You can download a free 30 day trial of Onyx from onyxgfx.com
Give it a shot
Agreed. Download a trial of Onyx Thrive and Fflexisign & Print to see which interface you like better. Take a look at the features and see which enhance your workflow the best.