• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a specialty vinyl for this?

jc1cell

I have been contacted to provide a print for a private plane. Nothing huge, 12" x 24". I was planning on using regular vehicle media with lam for it but am wondering if there is a specialty vinyl for this, or any other vinyl would be better than vehicle media.

Client is requesting the best material for it and I would like to oblige.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

jc

MikePro

edited: I read "private home", lol... plane, however, I strongly agree with SightLine below:

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As long as it is an aircraft that is NOT pressurized (ie - stays under like 12000 feet) I believe any high performance vinyl is okay. For pressurized aircraft there are vinyls specifically for aircraft that will properly expand and contract with the aircrafts skin. I know 3M makes a couple of types and I believe a couple of other companies do as well.

Also want to be very meticulous on install being very aware of any openings, seams, hatches, handles, etc. Last thing you want is a possible liability issue. We have done a couple of aircraft and they were pretty specific about things. Also keep in mind - the skin of an aircraft is incredibly thin and fragile - do NOT press too hard or you will dent it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
IIRC there may be special requirements for aircraft graphics specified by the FAA or whoever... If regular vinyl works I would recommend some "really aggressive" adhesive vinyl.