• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a specific book dedicated to beginners ?

cuztumfx

I was just wondering if there is a specific book dedicated to beginners in the sign business using plotters etc... ?

I am trying to learn this Klik N Kut program that came with the cutter
The manual they gave me is not even for the machine I purchased but I think will still give me some basics.

Any help is Honestly Appreicated
Cuz

Malkin

Maybe try here...?
http://scrapbookdiecutter.com/?page_id=163
That appears to be an entry level piece of software and I, for one, haven't heard of it before.

I know that Gerber's Omega software comes with a manual that contains instructions and tutorials and would be a good tool to learn from.

Or you could get Illustrator, there are lots of resources online to learn that program. You can't cut from it directly, but a solution to that can be had easily.

wes70

Hopefully I'm not out of line, but these books are a must have:

- Mike Stevens Mastering Layout
- Dan Antonelli Logo design 1&2

OldPaint

KLIK n' CUT?????????? does that come with your KRICKET????
it aint a proper vinyl cutting program or for a PROFESSIONAL VINYL CUTTER!!!!!
choose from any of these below and you will find plenty of books on how to learn.
COREL
ILLISTRATOR
SIGN WIZARD
SIGN-LAB
FLEXI SIGN
VINYL MASTER
now these all COST probably more then you paid for your cutter..........but they are what you really need to do anything more then SCRAPBOOKING.

cuztumfx

Thanks everyone
I really apprecitate this

I bought a 24 inch cutter from a company in Florida

It came with the equiv. of Sign lab

Im hoping to get it cutting in a few days

I will look over the info , you all have provided and I hope to pick up some of the books mentioned

Thanks again
Cuz