• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a take up reel that works with Print & Cut jobs?

Porsche032

I know there are many different kinds but I don't think they work with print & cut jobs. Anyone know of any that do?

Thanks

FrankW

Summa S-Class 140 and 160 have take-up rollers who rolls up cutted or contour cutted jobs. never seen one on a print & cut device. They should have to work different, because the media will be moved forward and back during cutting.

player

Maybe if you set it to cut small pages at a time, the standard take up reel would allow it? I have a Supply55 reel and it does allow for a few feet of pull back...

Just an idea...

CanuckSigns

I think the ones from Roland allow it, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know there is a way to have the printer print and cut the job in smaller batches, which you can then advance the previous set onto the take up while the next is printing, but it does require babysitting

ayukish

The reels from Roland will both take up and feed the material back for Print/Cut. Reels from Supply 55 and others are take up only.

Able

I honestly forget you could do this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRabZzvmEs

It's only on the "newer" models but I'm not sure when they added that feature. I know they list the VersaCamm VS and VersaUV LEC and I just checked and our XR-640 has that option.

I have a few thousand print/cut labels to run today so I'll try this method instead of having it fall into a box and will report back. :thumb:

Thanks for pointing to the video. Have had the VS 540 and the take up reel for some time and did not realise this could be done.

toomeycustoms

The reels from Roland will both take up and feed the material back for Print/Cut. Reels from Supply 55 and others are take up only.

I don't think this is entirely correct. My Roland TU does not feed material back. On my XR, if you set it to TU2 mode, the print will not take up on the reel as it is printing, so your print will most likely come in contact with the floor. It will only wind up on the take up after it is finished cutting.

player

I don't think this is entirely correct. My Roland TU does not feed material back. On my XR, if you set it to TU2 mode, the print will not take up on the reel as it is printing, so your print will most likely come in contact with the floor. It will only wind up on the take up after it is finished cutting.

In the video they show you set a page length.