• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a tool to make relief cuts around Torx screws???

Pretz27

Is anyone aware of a tool that will make a relief cut around Torx screws? Fellers sells the Rollepro Precision Rivet Cutter (pic below) but im not sure if it will work on Torx screws? I saw the Justin Pate video relating to these screws and he used a smaller tool that was a circular disk shape. Any ideas?

attachment.php

Attachments

• rollepro cutter.jpg
    rollepro cutter.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 273

Ultimate13

You might be able to find the right size in a gasket cutter set. They sell them individually also. Mainly used in automotive industry for creating your own holes in gaskets. There may be a tool out there, but that is what we have used in the past around rivets and dzus buttons on some race cars.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You might be able to find the right size in a gasket cutter set.

Yep...hollow punches, but these will cut the vinyl. You could always put it in a drill and file over the sharp edge so it works more like the tool you've shown.

JB

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 160

B Snyder

Yep...hollow punches, but these will cut the vinyl. You could always put it in a drill and file over the sharp edge so it works more like the tool you've shown.

JB

Great idea. I bought a set of these last year at Harbor Freight for around $8.

JakeC-Lytle

FYI

A llittle late on this. Just an FYI, that tool pictured IS a cutter. It relief cuts right up to the rivet. Should work for most common head sizes.