• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is there a way around importing files into VersaWorks Dual one at a time?

Bryce I

I'm Brie
"Upgraded" printers and the new one uses Dual, as opposed to the old machine that worked on VersaWorks. on the old one, you could select as many files as you like and drag them directly into the queue. But with VersaWorks Dual, you can't drag any files into the queue. you need to select FILE, then ADD FILE TO QUEUE, and can only add one at a time. is there some way to change that, so you can select all files in a folder when importing? Thanks!

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
You can't drag and drop them in from the folder (not through "file>add to queue")?
Guess I've been spoiled by VersaWorks 6, it's been ages since we've used Dual. I don't think you can shift- or ctrl- click them...

Bryce I

I'm Brie
You can't drag and drop them in from the folder (not through "file>add to queue")?
Guess I've been spoiled by VersaWorks 6, it's been ages since we've used Dual. I don't think you can shift- or ctrl- click them...
Yeah, can't drag and drop into the queue. And when doing File > add to queue, you can't select more than one file at a time. This is the default setting for dual. maybe theres a btton somewhere to disable this, but if it exists, I haven't found it. Just found out i can download VersaWorks 6 and it will work for the TrueVis VG-540. doing that today. Any tips for switching over? I heard there's a bit of a learning curve on the newer one.

Jester

Slow is Fast
I use VW6, not Dual, but can't you set up a hot folder in VWD and drag your files into it? The files should then show up automatically in your default queue.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
VW6 looks great and I like it a lot, I find it very similar to Dual. Having multiple queues with different settings is pretty handy. When we're busy, I have a queue for jobs that need to go back in to cut after laminating, and a queue for smaller jobs, and maybe even a vehicle wrap queue. It's nice to set the cut pressure or the profile on them via queue instead of per job.

However, it's still got a few bugs that I run into every once in a while. It occasionally might freeze up or crash, though since they've updated it a few times it's really come along. For instance, if you're a fast clicker (you just finished your settings and you hit OK and you immediately right-click and RIP) sometimes VW6 doesn't keep up and won't RIP. To avoid it, just wait a second until the setting-loading icon beside the job disappears, and THEN hit RIP. I don't know if this is a VW problem or my computer problem, but.... just let it finish thinking before you ask it to do the next thing.

Some Avery profiles don't seem to play nice with it.

Um, we also had better luck with it directly connected via an ethernet cable and a static IP than through a router.

Bryce I

I'm Brie

You can drag multiple files into Versaworks 6?
I just switched over to Versaworks 6, and still can only import files to the queue one at a time. Is that some default setting I can switch off?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Is it possible to setup a hot folder in Versaworks where it automatically imports jobs it finds in the folder?
It's been ~4-5 years since I've used it so can't recall. We use them with Onyx Quicksets all the time.

Matt@pinto

You can drag multiple files into Versaworks 6?
I just switched over to Versaworks 6, and still can only import files to the queue one at a time. Is that some default setting I can switch off?
Hello! I made this profile specifically to post an answer I have been digging for!

How to create a folder on your desktop to click and drag multiple files into a VersaWorks 6 Queue
Find your folder in ProgramData ( mine is under local disk (C : )> ProgramData>Roland DG Versaworks> Versaworks> Printers> VG2-540
Select input folder wanted (I chose Input-A)
Create shortcut to desired location (I chose desktop)

Now you can click and drag your files / multiple files into this folder instead of 1 file at a time through the queue menu

Attachments

• Versaworks location.jpg
    Versaworks location.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 277

AmandaR

Hello! I made this profile specifically to post an answer I have been digging for!

How to create a folder on your desktop to click and drag multiple files into a VersaWorks 6 Queue
Find your folder in ProgramData ( mine is under local disk (C : )> ProgramData>Roland DG Versaworks> Versaworks> Printers> VG2-540

Now you can click and drag your files / multiple files into this folder instead of 1 file at a time through the queue menu
Hi, Matt!

I made this profile specifically to come back and thank you for this answer! While not as 100% easy as the old Versaworks drag-and-drop (that we may never get back), this solution is going to be a total game changer for us, so I thank you for posting it!

Bryce I

I'm Brie

Thanks! super helpful. Have a great day!