Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Is there a way around importing files into VersaWorks Dual one at a time?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bryce I, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Bryce I

Bryce I I'm Brie

Jul 18, 2019
    Northern Ca.
    "Upgraded" printers and the new one uses Dual, as opposed to the old machine that worked on VersaWorks. on the old one, you could select as many files as you like and drag them directly into the queue. But with VersaWorks Dual, you can't drag any files into the queue. you need to select FILE, then ADD FILE TO QUEUE, and can only add one at a time. is there some way to change that, so you can select all files in a folder when importing? Thanks!

2. KatePhillips

KatePhillips Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Halifax NS
    You can't drag and drop them in from the folder (not through "file>add to queue")?
    Guess I've been spoiled by VersaWorks 6, it's been ages since we've used Dual. I don't think you can shift- or ctrl- click them...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bryce I

Bryce I I'm Brie

Jul 18, 2019
    Northern Ca.
    Yeah, can't drag and drop into the queue. And when doing File > add to queue, you can't select more than one file at a time. This is the default setting for dual. maybe theres a btton somewhere to disable this, but if it exists, I haven't found it. Just found out i can download VersaWorks 6 and it will work for the TrueVis VG-540. doing that today. Any tips for switching over? I heard there's a bit of a learning curve on the newer one.

4. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    There are quite a few VW6 videos on the RolandDGA youtube channel and on the Roland UK youtube channel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    No fix for ya, but I feel your pain. Its super annoying!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    I use VW6, not Dual, but can't you set up a hot folder in VWD and drag your files into it? The files should then show up automatically in your default queue.

7. KatePhillips

KatePhillips Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Halifax NS
    VW6 looks great and I like it a lot, I find it very similar to Dual. Having multiple queues with different settings is pretty handy. When we're busy, I have a queue for jobs that need to go back in to cut after laminating, and a queue for smaller jobs, and maybe even a vehicle wrap queue. It's nice to set the cut pressure or the profile on them via queue instead of per job.

However, it's still got a few bugs that I run into every once in a while. It occasionally might freeze up or crash, though since they've updated it a few times it's really come along. For instance, if you're a fast clicker (you just finished your settings and you hit OK and you immediately right-click and RIP) sometimes VW6 doesn't keep up and won't RIP. To avoid it, just wait a second until the setting-loading icon beside the job disappears, and THEN hit RIP. I don't know if this is a VW problem or my computer problem, but.... just let it finish thinking before you ask it to do the next thing.

Some Avery profiles don't seem to play nice with it.

Um, we also had better luck with it directly connected via an ethernet cable and a static IP than through a router.

8. Bryce I

Bryce I I'm Brie

Jul 18, 2019
    Northern Ca.
    You can drag multiple files into Versaworks 6?
    I just switched over to Versaworks 6, and still can only import files to the queue one at a time. Is that some default setting I can switch off?

9. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Is it possible to setup a hot folder in Versaworks where it automatically imports jobs it finds in the folder?
    It's been ~4-5 years since I've used it so can't recall. We use them with Onyx Quicksets all the time.