• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way to change the orientation of the nozzle checker?

macestevao

Hello everybody!
Greetings from São Paulo, Brazil!

I work with an Epson S40600, I always try to print as carefully as possible and part of that care is doing a nozzle check almost every time I change media or between different types of prints. The problem is that we usually end up losing a significant amount of leaf daily.

I searched the internet for a way to change the nozzle checker's orientation and so it would be a way to save material.

Does anyone have any idea if it would be possible to do this?

nozzle_check.jpg

This image is of a transparent vinyl sticker, they are labels for scented candles, from a good customer. This file was processed in Corel Draw and then by Sign Master, to be cut on the cutting plotter.

That beginning of printing, those 20 cm x 106 cm, were lost.

Thank you all, I hope I can exchange some ideas with you.

Bye!

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Maybe you can change the frequency that it runs a nozzle check.
See attached.

Attachments

• Untitled1.pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 115

swordguy3222

I run one maybe once a day, or when I see a print issue. After every job or stock change is really not needed unless you're skipping on maintenance.

• Agree
Reactions: RG

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you're loading new material, you've already contaminated those areas by touching them so they would have printed with fingerprints anyways. If the printer has been sitting idle run a nozzle check if you have frequent drop-outs. Otherwise you could just roll without them if you think you can skip them.
If you're really cost-conscious, then you may just want to figure in another linear ft of material into every project/price. We laminate everything we print here, so that little bit is the leader for the laminator to get started.

grafigo

Nozzle check every time? Don't waste material and time. I did nozzle check 10 times (maybe) in 3 years. And that was just to be on the safe side. :)

I have printed around 130.000 sqf.

• Agree
Reactions: a77