• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way to read serial number off dongle?

biggmann

We upgraded all our pc's in the shop and the tech unknowingly unplugged all the signlab dongles and mixed them up. We have all the boxes and disc and can read the serial numbers but the numbers on the dongle are worn off so we cant match the dongles to each box and install that signlab on that PC. We have some old signlabs that do not have dongles (misplaced) so we dont want to install those just to find out we dont have dongles. SO my question is, is there a way to plug the dongle in and read the serial number so we can match it to the proper disc?

timgo

Graphics Designer
On dongle you will find the dongle number. This is not a dongle serial.
In your install CD, search for the 2 or 4 license files:

ProductS.lcf
ProductS.ini
productp.lcf
productp.ini

Open .ini file and find dongle number. Dongle number must be the same as the number on the dongle.

For example:

[BASE]
CD SERIAL NO=190644
PRODUCT TYPE=SignLab
PRODUCT NAME=SignLab Print and Cut
SHORT NAME=SLPC
DEFAULT INSTALL PATH=
DEFAULT MENU FOLDER=
CUSTOM LICENCE=1
CUSTOM SETTINGS=
DONGLE TYPE=H
DONGLE NUMBER=162820HE

Last edited:

biggmann

Is there a way to read the dongle number on the dongle itself other than what it written on the outside? The labels are all faded and we cant read the number on it.

biggmann

Now when we install it ask for a licence file!!! Where is this found? I have looked through the box and all the disc no file.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Is there a way to read the dongle number on the dongle itself other than what it written on the outside? The labels are all faded and we cant read the number on it.

I'VE SEND YOU A PM.

Install the program,
Try the dongles one by one for the just dongle.
SignLab recognizes the good dongle and starts.
Label your dongle and the install CD with the just dongle number. This number can be found in License files in Install CD \ install directory of SignLab.