• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way to set Base Point to stay for all jobs

-Fusion

I have been successful at solving my print/cut issues by setting a Base point further in on my media than default. Is there a way to keep a base point on the VG540 without having to set it manually before each job?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think it would be better to troubleshoot the print/cut issue. I'm not sure if that printer measures the pinch rollers or the media itself but if it works like older Rolands, you should be able to just move the right pinch roller to the left a little and it will measure the material slightly smaller but the origin will also move a little to the left. Other than that, I don't know of any way to make it automatically change the base point every time. I'm pretty sure the firmware is what would need to be adjusted but good luck with that.

What were your print/cut issues?

-Fusion

I think it would be better to troubleshoot the print/cut issue. I'm not sure if that printer measures the pinch rollers or the media itself but if it works like older Rolands, you should be able to just move the right pinch roller to the left a little and it will measure the material slightly smaller but the origin will also move a little to the left. Other than that, I don't know of any way to make it automatically change the base point every time. I'm pretty sure the firmware is what would need to be adjusted but good luck with that.

What were your print/cut issues?
The Roland Tech advised not to use the "Center on Media" option in VW. This has solved the accuracy issues I was having and has presented a new one with my perf cuts. If I don't have 4-5" from the pinch roller to the first perf cut the media rips and jambs up the machine. If I move the base point over the files print and cut fine. But having to go to the machine and set up a base point every time isn't feasible so im looking for help or creative solutions.

Currently I print & kiss cut then run a 2nd job to perf cut only.