Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an simple way to add easy weed?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Awards+, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I'm from the Roland world and with there software you can add what's called an easy weed. It there a way to use this type of feature with Illustrator? It adds extra cut lines to make weeding easier / quicker. We use fine cut and a Mimikai plotter.

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Why not just add more pressure?

3. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    He/she is referring to extra cut lines added between rows of text & objects so you can weed one line of text at a time...

4. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Yes but I can't remember good enough to tell you how to do it. One of our supplies far from normal showed us how to do it. If I had the Roland software in front of me I could probably find it. I'm not the designer just sales / management so all of this type of stuff is done by someone else I just give them the info ounce I have it.

5. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Not 100% but I'm fairly sure to get all the nice little plotting features we all like you have to have proper software for plotting. Adobe isn't it. Let the dogpiling commence.

6. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011

You got it. I know this can be done manually but I was thinking there may be an easier way like with the Roland software.

7. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Oh we found it, it's under final cut then create weed lines. This is in Adobe fine cut.

8. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Hate it. If need be I just place a few careful cuts with my trusty Olfa. Of course I am a devotee of the manic weed style.

If you are having trouble weeding get some 3M Electrocut with the poly backer. Costs a little more, but you can do brutally small text with it and it weeds amazing.

9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    You can put extra cut lines using Illustrator with finecut, it's located right under the knife tool, it looks like a register mark in a box

10. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Miracle grow works well, as does making sure you start with good soil.