Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Is there any HP Latex 260 #792 3rd party printheads??

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Gnome Beard, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Gnome Beard

Gnome Beard Member

Oct 26, 2018
    California
    We all know HP will no longer make inks for the HP Latex 260. I am so angry especially since it is a great printer!! What am I supposed to do with this printer? Use it as a coffee table?

Question, I know on eBay you can buy 3rd party inks, but what about 3rd party printheads?

2. jimboeejit

jimboeejit Member

Apr 30, 2020
    uk
    plenty of refurbished/as new online

3. chester215

chester215 Just call me Chester.

Sep 29, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    We're interested in the same thing.
    Already replaced it with an epson surecolor s40600 printer, but want to keep it going as long as possible.
    The Epson has better colors but no automatic cutoff for the finished print.

4. Wide Image Solutions

Wide Image Solutions Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    We've tested all third party printheads and have found a 50% defect rate. We are trying to load up on large qtys of these Hp oem printheads for our clients. We do accept trade ins on the L26500 towards newer models like the 100 and 300 series if you like? Plus financing, etc...thx

5. HaleYeah

HaleYeah Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Iowa
    Lol, I KNOW! This drives me crazy about the Epson.
    Got the S80600 and I couldn't believe it that it didn't come with it. We replaced a Mimaki and the auto sheet cut was a must. But now you learn, and I heard some machines don't come with take-up reel. Now that would be insane.

6. DPD

DPD Member

Apr 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'm in a bit different situation than probably others with the machine. I need to get about 1 more year out of it before I decide what I'm doing for personal reasons. I took a chance and purchased a new set of print heads which I'll install as needed and a set of ink which will also be installed as needed. Best I was able to tell was that there were no 3rd party print heads available (there will be a vacuum so maybe someone will fill it) and there is 3rd party inks (not sure of quality).

My understanding is that the print heads are good for two years. When my ink runs out I'll buy 3rd party. It's a calculated risk because a purchase of print heads and inks is somewhere in the ball park of 10% of a new machine. If you find something please let us know.

7. jimboeejit

jimboeejit Member

Apr 30, 2020
    uk
    hp 789 and 792 are available in UK...both OEM and refurbished...i have used 789's both oem and refurb...never had an issue...the bigger issue you will have is the cleaning cassette....they are rare...but theres a company in UK remanufacturing them