• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is there any HP Latex 260 #792 3rd party printheads??

We all know HP will no longer make inks for the HP Latex 260. I am so angry especially since it is a great printer!! What am I supposed to do with this printer? Use it as a coffee table?

Question, I know on eBay you can buy 3rd party inks, but what about 3rd party printheads?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We're interested in the same thing.
Already replaced it with an epson surecolor s40600 printer, but want to keep it going as long as possible.
The Epson has better colors but no automatic cutoff for the finished print.

We all know HP will no longer make inks for the HP Latex 260. I am so angry especially since it is a great printer!! What am I supposed to do with this printer? Use it as a coffee table?

Question, I know on eBay you can buy 3rd party inks, but what about 3rd party printheads?

We've tested all third party printheads and have found a 50% defect rate. We are trying to load up on large qtys of these Hp oem printheads for our clients. We do accept trade ins on the L26500 towards newer models like the 100 and 300 series if you like? Plus financing, etc...thx

HaleYeah

We're interested in the same thing.
Already replaced it with an epson surecolor s40600 printer, but want to keep it going as long as possible.
The Epson has better colors but no automatic cutoff for the finished print.

Lol, I KNOW! This drives me crazy about the Epson.
Got the S80600 and I couldn't believe it that it didn't come with it. We replaced a Mimaki and the auto sheet cut was a must. But now you learn, and I heard some machines don't come with take-up reel. Now that would be insane.

DPD

I'm in a bit different situation than probably others with the machine. I need to get about 1 more year out of it before I decide what I'm doing for personal reasons. I took a chance and purchased a new set of print heads which I'll install as needed and a set of ink which will also be installed as needed. Best I was able to tell was that there were no 3rd party print heads available (there will be a vacuum so maybe someone will fill it) and there is 3rd party inks (not sure of quality).

My understanding is that the print heads are good for two years. When my ink runs out I'll buy 3rd party. It's a calculated risk because a purchase of print heads and inks is somewhere in the ball park of 10% of a new machine. If you find something please let us know.

jimboeejit

hp 789 and 792 are available in UK...both OEM and refurbished...i have used 789's both oem and refurb...never had an issue...the bigger issue you will have is the cleaning cassette....they are rare...but theres a company in UK remanufacturing them

Sam Knight

hp 789 and 792 are available in UK...both OEM and refurbished...i have used 789's both oem and refurb...never had an issue...the bigger issue you will have is the cleaning cassette....they are rare...but theres a company in UK remanufacturing them

Hey Jim - dont suppose you know where to get 792 print heads from by any chance please?

Carlos Valencia

Hey Jim - dont suppose you know where to get 792 print heads from by any chance please?
There are third party pheads on the market but they're quality is at best 70%. We have brand new oem Hp printheads in stock. Plus inks and cleaning kits. Plus all L26500 parts. thx Wideimagesolutions

jimboeejit

sorry folks...gonna have a rant....

1. i dont give any details of anyone on here unless they are merchant members as i think thats the rule...
2. how does anyone know what all third party items are like?...unless your pushing your own sales and trying to redirect someone...but are you a merchant member?
3.if you do a bit of research..not even...just a click or two....then you will see that theres a lot of good 'refurbished heads' available along with oem heads...
4. defect rate 50%....defect rate 70%..make your mind up?
5.the last guy that asked is in the UK...so probably wanted to keep costs and time to a minimum...
6. rant over...point made
7.wheres the 'iggy' button?...

Peter Martins

Peter Martins

We are working on this. I will sort out mercherchant to membership as soon as I can so this site so I can say more about how we ar set up to help keep the l26500 l25500 and 28500 working.
Bristol inkjet ltd

jimboeejit

anyone needing consumables or parts for HP Latex especially the older models, contact Peter Martins. I believe he is in the process of upgrading to merchant membership to allow sales on Signs101. I would recommend his company for supplies and service.

spectra

I have a solution for this with top quality latex for both 792 and 789.