• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any Interest In a "How To Put In Heaters for $350 In Your Printer"?

gilb04

I have an FJ 50 converted and (see my messages on roland forum FJ 50 converted gilb 04) does the Techink can solve my problem

cleanmywound

Richard,

Brilliant!!! Thank you very much for the post!!
We had just purchased an FJ 50 hoping to do this, and its much better than the $2500+ + the wanted somewhere else!
I was think of think of IR heaters above, but this should work much better!

About the temp, maybe buy one of those IR Thermometers guns from harborfreight for $40+/- to check the output heat. We use ours for T-shirts, just keep fresh batteries in them otherwise the give some CRAZY temp readings.

Thanks Again!!
Adam

Headhunterx

Update On My Pump Problem!!

Ok, I finally found out my problem with the pump, I did a dumb thing and tried to install a different pump motor (the electric motor) and shorted out a chip in the mother board. So I had to track down the right chip with the aid of the service manual and found one online ( For $15) and got it yesterday and installed last night and everything works fine now. This fix is not for the faint of heart but I have done some circuit work in my time although the price of this board is outrageous and it can probably be made for a few hundred bucks not $1700 as I was quoted but that is another rant about Rolands Over Priced Parts!! I still was a little nervous about ruining it but everything went as planned so if anyone else has this problem I can help.

Thanks,
Richard

well how's it work/print? do the heaters get the right temp to dry/cure correctly? I also have a cj-500 i would convert if i could find a reliable way to do so.

Headhunterx

The heaters work great,but I converted it back to pigment can't stand the smell of the ink it is really strong and the colors lack the pop of the pigment and I need the printer for some work so I just converted it back tonight.

Richard