• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any one who cut magnet by roland cutter?

hitye

Sometimes customers ask me that whether we can do the business card size magnet.
I really try to do that, just printing on vinyl and laminating then stick on magnet....but it's quite hard to cut so many sheets by a guillotine...to make 500 89*56mm magnets, I almost use 5 days to do the job
so I just want to know, is it possible to do the cutting job by roland GX24..? will it damage the blade?
thx

weaselboogie

Yes. I've done it before, but I'd do it in smaller sections because of the weight of the roll. This will probably rip through your blade, so stock up on blades from Clean Cut Blades before you start.

If you do this often, you might want to designate that blade for magnet. I designate a blade for reflective because of the wear. Remember, all you need to do is lightly score the surface, you don't need to cut all through.

And you don't need to limit yourself to just squares. As long as its not too complex, you can cut other shapes too.