• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any way to get 50 inch Banner??

As I buy roll after roll of 54 inch and then have to put it on the table to cut it down for hemming a 4 foot banner...I wonder why?

Don't have to trim my 38 inch roll for a 3 foot banner...why 54? Anyone cut down their 54 inch, and if so how hard is it?

rcook99

I have cut down regular vinyl and had no problems with a chop saw. I have not cut banner but would think it should not be a problem unless its reinforced with nylon string. The string may cause problems with cutting it.

Seems like a good idea, unfortunately a lot of our banners are sponsors for area ball fields and are placed perfectly together so can't change that now...But will do more of that in the future.

The Hobbyist

"When the world gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Cutting off that ... 5" ?? ... of vinyl means you have FREE material to use for another purpose. You could make small signs and laminate them to some substrate, or just donate the material to the local scout troop or elementary school. Teachers are always looking for FREE materials to use in their classrooms.

In California, I was given a stack of self-adhesive return address labels nearly six feet tall! A print shop was closing down, and I took them off of their hands so they would not be wasted. These labels were all pre-printed with assorted colors and designs, with a white or pastel colored space to print an address. I donated them to an elementary school, and the teachers gave them to the kids to cut up and make magnificent art images of birds, fish, flowers, etc, just by peeling, cutting and sticking the various colors and patterns where they needed them. I think there were four million labels in that stack, as I recall. They might still be using them, here 14 years later!

I know that someone would either buy, or take those vinyl strips from you.

The man who makes kitchen cabinets throws away a lot of good wood that could be used to make bird houses, or wooden key chains, or props for model train sets.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Seems like a good idea, unfortunately a lot of our banners are sponsors for area ball fields and are placed perfectly together so can't change that now...But will do more of that in the future.

That's tough if there is a precedent already set. We did the math awhile back and the cost of ink vs the labor... Ink was cheaper so we just maximize the material.

klmiller611

We've cut down rolls of banner material with both a chop saw and a band saw. It can be less than perfect, but it does work.

Ken Miller

Ultimate13

Our supplier for banner material will slit the roll to any dimensions we choose. Hopefully your supplier has a slitter on site and then it is very easy.