• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there anywhere I can get custom made vinyl?

jmag215

I am needing some custom made vinyl for sled wraps and having trouble getting exactly what I want. Does anyone know of any contact info for a manufacture that may be willing to work with me?

jmag215

I do realize it will cost a bit to get done but if I am selling say 1000 sled wraps a year I think it could be worth it

Turfa

Depends on what you want. If it is just a custom color, that is easy, both 3M & Avery do custom colors & I think you only need to order about 5 rolls. If you want a vinyl that uses a non-standard combination of existing vinyl & adhesives that they already manufacture, pretty sure 3M does this, but you will need to order something like 30 or 40 rolls. If you want something totally custom....not sure...probably possible, but you would need to have some big volumes.

reQ

Why do u want to invent a wheel? There is Convex & Substance vinyls and both work awesome.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Why do u want to invent a wheel? There is Convex & Substance vinyls and both work awesome.

Yeah what he said, what brands have you tried so far? To make a custom adhesive vinyl would cost you 10 times more then the profit of 1000 wraps I know this to be a FACT

jmag215

I have tried arlon, convex, substance, oracal, 3m. All have things I like but would like to tweak a bit. It is pretty much impossible to find a 10-15 mil matte laminate as well.

reQ

If u rly want that matt finish - apply regular matte overlam on top - problem solved.
You must have deep pockets if u wanna make ur own vinyl product.
Good luck!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have tried arlon, convex, substance, oracal, 3m. All have things I like but would like to tweak a bit. It is pretty much impossible to find a 10-15 mil matte laminate as well.

Well what excactly are you trying to do? Can you post a pic of the application, there might be a different way to achieve your goal.

Getting exactly what you want is the trick, isn't it? We are in that business, and there is always a minimum for custom products. The other problem is that you can't just try custom products unless you are going to try the whole run of product. Hand made samples are possible. And we can give you different finishes. But you can't wrap a sled with a hand made sample.

We currently have two different 3 mil matte laminates and a 7 mil, which sled heads seem to like. Why don't you give us a call and ask for me? It is possible that you don't have samples of existing products.

Doug Goodloe
Product Manager
Convex Vinyl
800-232-8018