• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a Blade Offset Problem?

johnmws

We were finally about to cut but there is a white edge of the media on PARTS of the letters but not around all of the letters. I set the contour the same around everything. Can anyone help me understand why the media would show around only some of the letter?

Is the offset of the blade a problem? It was set at 250 but I see the range is from .01 and up.

Thanks in advance.

Mike F

You may need to re-do your print/cut calibrations, could need a new blade, more down force, slower speed, etc. Try re-calibrating, and if that doesn't work then tinker with your settings a bit. If none of that works you may just need a new blade. What machine are you running? Could also be a machine-specific issue that I'm not aware of, but maybe someone else around here has knowledge of. I know of at least 2 issues specific to the VS series (not related to cutting but yea) so that's a possibility.

Mike F

I am running a Roland CP500 that has been converted to a SC500. My first machine. It's old as dirt.

Ah, I know nothing about that machine. Actually just responded to a post you made on another forum about a different issue, and also saw you posted about this over there as well. Can't really be of much assistance on this one but I'm sure between :signs101: and the other site someone will be able to help you out.

ChicagoGraphics

My guess you didn't have your vinyl stright into the machine, Oh btw it's a CJ500 not CP 500

Them printers are as slow as watching paint dry, lol