• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a good buy?

S

SignTech

I tell ya it's tempting being only an hour away, I am dying for even a small printer like that ...... but we are saving up for a larger one ... definately a reseller ........ it's a gamble ...

interesting why the shop owner that owned it didn't just put it up on eBay ... him/herself ......

skyhigh

interesting why the shop owner that owned it didn't just put it up on eBay ... him/herself ......

That could be innocent enought..... or could be he didn't want the negative feedback from selling a piece of junk.

Its a gamble. For another 5 grand you can get a new VC with a warranty.

S

SignTech

That could be innocent enought..... or could be he didn't want the negative feedback from selling a piece of junk.

Its a gamble. For another 5 grand you can get a new VC with a warranty.

I would welcome if you have time ... some time to send me a pm or email regarding the new VC (versa cam)? ........ we are in the market and hope to get one in about 6 months maybe less ...

I was asking questions and getting info about a new machine from that s101 member that had that issue on here and no longer sells them .......

so now I'm back to the drawing board ...

Thanks,

Mike

iSign

Mike,
as I've said on large format printer discussions many times... I honestly believe you should shop for a trustworthy supplier... not a printer.
Honestly, all the main well known name brand printers do an awesome job & will add incredible quality products that any successful sign shop will turn dramatic profits with... BUT they need TLC & knowledgable experts in your corner.

Find the guy you want a long term business relationship with who will sell the printer AND inks and media... AND provide technical support. If they want lifelong profits selling you inks and media, then they should be there for you with lifelong support.

If you can find a vendor you trust that offers all that... whatever printer they sell is probably going to be a long term money machine for you, not matter what brand it is (within reason)

In my case it was Advantage Sign Supply. They got it covered so many times more then anyone else I've ever dealt with on supplies, or equipment... that not only did I turn down an opportunity to buy the same printer from a supplier right here in the Sate of Hawaii, I also ship all my media in all the way from Michigan, like I did with my printer, plotter, laminator, & air filter.. because these guys know how to take care of their customers!

S

SignTech

Mike,
as I've said on large format printer discussions many times... I honestly believe you should shop for a trustworthy supplier... not a printer.
Honestly, all the main well known name brand printers do an awesome job & will add incredible quality products that any successful sign shop will turn dramatic profits with... BUT they need TLC & knowledgable experts in your corner.

Find the guy you want a long term business relationship with who will sell the printer AND inks and media... AND provide technical support. If they want lifelong profits selling you inks and media, then they should be there for you with lifelong support.

If you can find a vendor you trust that offers all that... whatever printer they sell is probably going to be a long term money machine for you, not matter what brand it is (within reason)

In my case it was Advantage Sign Supply. They got it covered so many times more then anyone else I've ever dealt with on supplies, or equipment... that not only did I turn down an opportunity to buy the same printer from a supplier right here in the Sate of Hawaii, I also ship all my media in all the way from Michigan, like I did with my printer, plotter, laminator, & air filter.. because these guys know how to take care of their customers!

Thank you ... I have heard of Advantage ...

I also head a rumor that fellers may now be selling machines .... they have been great to us with everything else we have needed ... I will take your advise and keep learning ... I say 6 months because that should be long enough for us to research this fully ........ I am subing out so much digital work I scratch my head everyday ...... it will be nice to do in house ... but then again we have found a decent sub company so ...... it's a toss up ... thanks again. Mike

Urban Image

IT HAS BEEN USED IN A VINYL SIGNS SHOP FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AND HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS. [...] PRINTER HAS NEW PUMPS AND A NEW MOTHERBOARD!(DUE TO A TECHNICIAN ERROR WHILE SERVICING THE MACHINE)

What was the technician servicing it for if it had never had any problems?

Valentino

Did anyone notice that the golf banner that is comming off the printer already has grommets....very doubtful it was printed by that printer.