• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this an actual font or custom made

I do a lot of work for a company that paint airplanes and they like this font for paint mask. It looks like arial bold but modified with the stencil effect. If its a custom font how would I got about making it so I could just type the letters and the font would already be setup like this?
I know I could do it each time but we normally do between 30-50 per plane and it would take a while..

Attachments

• STENCIL FONT.jpg
    STENCIL FONT.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 40

visual800

whats the mask gonna be made out of. if its vinyl why would you wanna have those slits in it. Why not just do it in vinyl? As far as the font it appears and Ariel of some wt would work

The mask is for all the placards on the outside of the plane, they paint them on so they will last longer than just vinyl..
It would make our life easier when weeding the mask for all of the center not to try and pull out, we do them as small as 3/16 and the centers of R's and A's are a *****..
I hate to do it but they need them and price isn't an object.

Heres a pic of 1 paint mask we did monday.. 550" long 68" tall.
There are 2 more large ones I did for the fusealge and the tail that they are supposed to send me pics of today..

Attachments

• 737 pm.jpg
    737 pm.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 34

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can use a number of free font editors to produce a new font file.Even easier if you have a font file from which to start.

Just copy the font file that is what you want without the stencil stuff. Then edit the copy adding the stencil bars to handful of characters that require them. As if by magic, a brand new font.