• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is this any good

TheSnowman

I'll second John, and if your just doing it for family and friends...you'll be doing nothing but giving your work away. This is a professional forum, and most of us aren't going to promote a piece of junk to you. So, if you lookin' for something to make "stickers" (which I would stay away from calling them if you ever do this full time) you'd better just buy some labels, and a small laminator, and print them on your inkjet printer. That may seem kinda harsh, but there's a lot of people coming here sayin' they just want to do "stickers" for their friends and family...and what I've noticed is that they just can't ever put anything together that's affordable for a low budget, and by not having much income to cover the expense. Just my two cents.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK
If I was in your position, I would farm out the vinyl cutting and printing and do the design work for a while. It would give you some time to explore your market. You would then have a better idea of what equipment you would need the most.

o3TEZ

thanks for all the replys. i took some advice from here and went and checked out some local shops and i got to talking to a guy who was wanting to sell some equipment and alot of viynl so i purchaced it. got a 24" mimaki plotter tons of clip art and viynl, cadcam,ton of sign board and couple of other programs for $1000 does anyone here use cadcam and if so is there any books on it that explain how to use it.

high impact

Can't answer your question about the cadcam but it sounds like you did much better then purchasing a piece of junk plotter. Now you have a decent start. Good Luck and continue to do your research...you are in for a long learning curve.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
You my not have got the bargain you think you got. I've seen deals like that full of vinyl so old that it is brittle. It is hard to apply too. Don't use old stuff if you want to stay in business for very long.

iSign

he's not IN business... remember? He's in hobbyland.

Besides, I've had rolls of vinyl well over 5 years with no sign of shelf life. I've encountered 3 rolls with adhesion problems over the last 12 years & all of them were new, defective rolls. My 2 mil Arlon vinyl has always lasted real well!

o3TEZ

more like learningland but i would call it a hobby just sitting on the computer reasearching and reading anything i that intrest's me so hobbyland is my life i guess. thanks for all replys

Jackpine

"24" mimaki plotter tons of clip art and viynl, cadcam,ton of sign board and couple of other programs for $1000 "
Seems you got a good deal. At least you have a good cutter. Everything else you got with the cutter was free. Keep learning and stay active here for a good information..