• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this fake?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
FAKE?

Not for Alex Honnold, he is the male featured in the City bank commercial I referred to above, see the 60 Minutes YouTube video on his free solo climb of the north face of sentinel, he is undeniably one of the greatest climbers ever.

Alex seems to defy gravity, scaling sheer, steep rock faces with no rope or any safety devices, and he set a record for being the ONLY person to FREE SOLO the north face of sentinel.

Not everything is FAKE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ

Watch and learn....
:rock-n-roll:

Not the point, sport.

These people could well be able to scale vertical surfaces like geckos. Perhaps even scamper across the ceiling. They may be the best rock climbers that there ever was. That says absolutely nothing about just how these few seconds of video were produced.

While I don't know for sure, it would seem that it's probably a lot easier and a whole hell of a lot cheaper to fake it than to actually do the thing for real. You, nor damn near anyone else, would never, as in ever, tell the difference. Using people recognized by some as some sort of rock climbing gods merely would add verisimilitude to the entire production.

Is it real or is it faked? Who knows? There's not enough information to be able to know.

OldPaint

the nissian FRONTIER PICKUP commercials....are the stupid ones.
1. 747 front landing gear in the bed of a moving truck???
2. stock pickup climbing a sand dune a dune buggy cant go up????
3. truck downhill skiing and then doing a 360????
really dumb stuff!!!!

Flame

the nissian FRONTIER PICKUP commercials....are the stupid ones.
1. 747 front landing gear in the bed of a moving truck???
2. stock pickup climbing a sand dune a dune buggy cant go up????
3. truck downhill skiing and then doing a 360????
really dumb stuff!!!!

Those ones are obviously humor though. You're supposed to laugh at them.

And btw it was a barrel roll, not a 360 ;)

OldPaint

Those ones are obviously humor though. You're supposed to laugh at them.

And btw it was a barrel roll, not a 360 ;)
ANNNND.....THEY ALL should be preceeded by a disclaimer DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME....you know there are people dumb enough to try and do those things)))))))

Suz

I don't get the purpose of climbing to the top of a rock if there is nothing there.

You know, I kinda feel the same way. Although I did see that commercial a few times and thought it was pretty cool. I am scared of heights though, so I'd never do that myself.

Both my daughters will be skydiving this month at the same time, for the first time. I'm a little freaked out about it and I wish they would chicken out. But they have their tickets and don't seem to have any plan to back down.

I may be the one who got them going on it, even though I didn't mean to. One of my friends who has a vintage T-6 took me for a ride in it a few months ago. I knew we'd be flying faster than 200 mph., but I know he's a great Pilot and I trust him. Well, he did an aileron roll and I about lost my lunch. I saw the sky and the ground cycling around and I did not know which end was up. All the while, trying to hang on to my headset because I was afraid it would fly off and crack the glass cockpit. Crazy but what fun!!! This is the same friend who encouraged my girls to take up skydiving. I hope they hate it. :)

Rockclimbing, I don't think so! You couldn't trick me into doing that! :omg:

Last edited: