• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this going to work? (Window Perf Question)

sdnj

Customer wants window perf installed indoors to be be viewed from indoors. My concern is that the light from outside is going to make it hard to see the printed images? Is this really going to be a problem? The indoor room has lights facing the grid of windows that are going to have perf installed on them.

TXFB.INS

what direction are the windows facing?

yes, there is strong possibility that this will NOT work correctly.
would suggest a test print / install and see what happens, depending on the amount of lighting they have facing the glass, the sun can wash out the graphics.

the other concern is the amount of coverage, you are exposing the back, which is black, to sun which will absorb heat and can run the risk of cracking the glass with the added heat.

sdnj

what direction are the windows facing?

yes, there is strong possibility that this will NOT work correctly.
would suggest a test print / install and see what happens, depending on the amount of lighting they have facing the glass, the sun can wash out the graphics.

the other concern is the amount of coverage, you are exposing the back, which is black, to sun which will absorb heat and can run the risk of cracking the glass with the added heat.

The glass is THICK double pane. The grid of windows does not get direct sunlight and is in the corner entrance to building where the roof hangs over quite far, like 20 + ft.....I am just nervous to propose something that isn't going to work well. I suppose a test would in be order.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Customer wants window perf installed indoors to be be viewed from indoors. My concern is that the light from outside is going to make it hard to see the printed images? Is this really going to be a problem? The indoor room has lights facing the grid of windows that are going to have perf installed on them.

This material would be ideal for that application, it applies to the inside and is viewed from the inside. I sell this material so if you have any questions just let me know.

Attachments

• perfpatern.jpg
    perfpatern.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Use a 70/30 if they want less light to shine through. Should be fine.