Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible using the Gerber Edge FX

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by NiNe2NiNe INC., Apr 27, 2009.

1. NiNe2NiNe INC.

NiNe2NiNe INC. New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I've been asked to do a 9.5" wrap around the side of a master craft boat. This will be a very difficult job because of the contoured railings and arched sides. does anyone have any advice.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I know convex makes an edge ready air-release vinyl - might work, haven't tried it

3. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    use 180 controltac....expensive, but works better than anything else...

4. ScooterX

ScooterX New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    This reply is only slightly related, but might be helpful...

one of the magazines recently had something about graphics on boats. they cautioned that graphics at the waterline take a lot of abuse (from the constant "abrasion" of the water). I would definately want to use a laminate, or at least the Frogskin or Abrasion Protection foils to protect the graphics.

Beyond that, yeah, I'd use the Controltac. Its worth the extra $ to save on the time spent installing.

5. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

paging fred.. fred. paging fred. btw, 3m gives a performace guarantee of 2 years for marine use on the 180c product with some qualifications. whether it includes thermal transfer, i will have to see when i get back to the office.

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Not sure why me but yes absolutely ControlTac Comply and a film laminate to extend the life due to the magnified sun exposure and abrasion.