• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is wasatch ok to manage HPL25500¿?

Ferdux

thanks guys i am getting mine next week and already run wasatch for sublimation on a RJ-900 but want to hear from you?

BrighamSmith

I use Wasatch with my L25500. It works well for me. They have have quite a few profiles that cover all my needs. I have Onyx with another printer, which Wasatch doesn't support. I prefer Wasatch to Onyx. I see some folks talking up Caldera. I tried it, before I had the L25500, and thought it was just OK.

KevSign

We use Wasatch too, now we have a chance to upgrade to Caldera. If you are don't have any Rip yet, You should go with Caldera. I am getting from Nu-Sign they already had profiles. To me buying from popular dear they being sell a lot of printers, they will have all profiles for each printer to support you.

Buying from smaller dealer they don't have profiles event they promised, You will not print as the quality, color as the rip and your printer to sell to your customer.

nate

At this point in the game, I think Wasatch is far behind in the RIP game. We had it about four years ago and just found it lacking in logic, and the UI is pretty bad. We switched to Onyx and things were considerably better. Much tighter software, much better user interface, great profile making tools, etc.

However, we then jumped ship to Caldera a year or so ago and frankly-- nothing compares to Caldera. Don't keep investing in old technologies-- jump on the Caldera bandwagon for your new machine.

ProColorGraphics

I use Caldera on my L25500 and LOVE it!! I actually went with Caldera because all I have are Mac's (and the positive comments on here). But I got my all loaded and ready to go on a new Mac Mini for $2600 from Advantage Sign Supply!

KevSign

Ferdux, call Benni at Nusign he will give you great deal and profiles too. They sold a lot Latex L25500 even to Disney in CA some graphic Disney the print their own. Many people can make their own but some of us need good support for profiles.

VTSigns

Please, Please, Please try Caldera. I have an L25500 and I started out using Flexi and really didn't like it overall. I went to Onyx and absolutely hated the learning curve that came along with running it. I reluctantly gave Caldera a try mainly because it can only run on Linux or Mac and it was going to change the flow of my production from machine to machine. Well I demoed the software and instantly caught on with little to no problems. I absolutely love the software now and will be purchasing it this week. The cost is right at $2000 which is very inexpensive relative to the other options. If you can work a Linux/Mac system into your workflow then you will have no regrets going with Caldera.

Ferdux

thanks kev, already bought it , and comes in next tuesday! and already have work for the HP, 40 passenger buses.....question ? do i have to laminate de 3m vinyl ? or can i use it direct from the printer to the truck?

i think because the other printers i have already running with wasatch, will get the full version for nearly $500 , but may be i will download the caldera to try it, i have always been on the side of the force ( machintosh ) and always been bother about using a pc for the printers with wasatch! maybe is time to get rid of it!!