• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is your shop prepared for the upcoming barter system?

Signarama Jockey

It seems like the preppers have an overly optimistic view of how things would be for them as long as they have ammo and canned food.
No offense to anyone but do you ever watch the news or look at history and see what actually happens in these situations? Haiti, Palestine, Ukraine. There are a lot of cogs in that wheel. The whole idea involves too much fantasy that's far removed from reality for me. Believing that you'll be fine if you over prepare totally ignores all of the other forces that would be at play in this sort of scenario. Things are easy on paper but add major trauma, stress and a breakdown of order and the dynamic changes to something none of us have likely ever experienced.
I also have a spare tire in the back of my car.

Signarama Jockey

Awesome, so do I. It wont do no good when your car is on fire though.
What are you trying to say?

Preparation is not dumb. Being conscious of dangers and preparing for problems is a smart thing to do. We have fire extinguishers and spare tires and life jackets, and generators and secondary parachutes and safety glasses because a little bit of preparedness can avert a major problem.

And yeah, you're not going to ever be totally safe from every possibility. But, surely you see the wisdom in taking precautions.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
just don't barter for any "plant based meats"

and no cricket flower
My version of "plant based meats"...
The meat can eat all the plants they want before they become sweet, salty, succulent bacon.

pig-02-kh0086-01p.jpg

BRDI_BRD

Y'all crazy if you really think folks won't need signs at the end of the world. Folks need to know how many caps for a case of shells, where to look out for ghouls, how far to new vegas. Now ADA, that sh*ts in the dumpster, but ya gotta know mad max doesn't want to be cruising around in a rusty death machine, but can certainly appreciate how much cooler his death machine would look, wrapped in a faux patina.
The true death of the sign industry is the teleporter!
Never thought New Vegas would come up in a Printing Thread. But I'm happy it did.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
What are you trying to say?

Preparation is not dumb. Being conscious of dangers and preparing for problems is a smart thing to do. We have fire extinguishers and spare tires and life jackets, and generators and secondary parachutes and safety glasses because a little bit of preparedness can avert a major problem.

And yeah, you're not going to ever be totally safe from every possibility. But, surely you see the wisdom in taking precautions.
I don't really talk about it much, but when I'm not doing this stuff (aka my "blue skies" job), I work with a disaster management team. I've seen the "government help" first-hand and while I admit they do some good, they also don't. :omg:
One of my favorite phrases to that effect is "expect to be your own first responder". I don't go crazy-uber-prepper-bunker-full-of-50-years-worth-of-freeze-dried-eggs, but I damn sure can get through a month without food, water, or utility provided power.
My former in-laws once had to go through 3 weeks of FL summer without power after a hurricane and I swore that would never be me. NGL, a significant bit of my preps involve being able to have a fan running to be able to sleep! :cool: