• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review ISO advice on DX4 printhead suppliers

Southpaw1

In my search for affordable print heads (I have a Roland Soljet SJ540) I came across Printhead Global. After sending an email for more information I was told that there print heads are brand-new in a Roland box. I was wondering if anyone had placed an order with them and how they check out? Their price for this printhead is $225.88 and that seemed like quite a difference from pricing I've found here in the states.

http://www.printheadglobal.com/index.php?id_product=37&controller=product&id_lang=1

JaySea20

Supposedly, when exported or imported ( I don't remember which ) They have to strip the ranking off the head. So If you want a "ranked" Head, then you will have to buy from US Suppliers. And they will be $700+. *EDIT: Looks like they are cheaper now. You can get one from Digiprint for $500

Don't Flame me if I'm wrong. This is just my understanding of it from when I had to buy a couple of heads.

But, $225 sound too low for any Legitimate new head. Are you sure its not re-manufactured? Or, LOL, maybe they are print heads in "a brand new roland box"!! Keep us updated if you go this route. I would like to know what you receive for $225.

Last edited:

Southpaw1

Supposedly, when exported or imported ( I don't remember which ) They have to strip the ranking off the head. So If you want a "ranked" Head, then you will have to buy from US Suppliers. And they will be $700+. *EDIT: Looks like they are cheaper now. You can get one from Digiprint for $500

Don't Flame me if I'm wrong. This is just my understanding of it from when I had to buy a couple of heads.

But, $225 sound too low for any Legitimate new head. Are you sure its not re-manufactured? Or, LOL, maybe they are print heads in "a brand new roland box"!! Keep us updated if you go this route. I would like to know what you receive for $225.
They started in another email they were new Roland heads in the box from Japan. I'll ask about the head ranking and see what they say. I thought it was ranked from the factory but I'm pretty new to all this ( first time buying heads). It's not like I have $225 to experiment with...or any of us do!

tetonsio

Be careful. Is that an Indonesia address? There are a lot of people who has sent money and never received what they asked for.

Southpaw1

Yeah. There's really no recourse you have in dealing with a merchant overseas, except the rules they have in that country. I am leery of sending a wire transfer to someone anyway. With today's ways of payment that are protected there should be a better way to do business with them in order for the purchaser to protect themselves. You know what they say about those deals that seem too good to be true...

player

At that price send them enough for 20, sell them here. You will never get a head shipped to you though.

Address :Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 45 A Padang, Sumatera Barat, Indonesia 25128

player

I made an account and went through the checkout. This is the final stage:

Please send us a bank wire with
- Amount $270.88
- Name of account owner ___________
- Include these details ___________
- Bank name ___________
- Do not forget to insert your order reference SWFJZQTIE in the subject of your bank wire.
An email has been sent with this information.
Your order will be sent as soon as we receive payment.

A legitimate seller will take some type of credit card or PayPal.