• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Iso propyl alcohol & adhesion

Billct2

my mistake, I thought they were takling about using it as an application fluid, but it's about printing not vinyl
As a prep fluid it's great.
But whether it promotes adheaion I wouldn't think it is any better than anything else that gets the surface clean.

Last edited:

GVP

Just for a second, I thought... :)

Attachments

• ipa.jpg
    ipa.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 211

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Ipa

does anybody else notice the graphics are "falling off windows" when you are pre masking?
(while we are on the subject of windows...)

-mosher

p.s.
nope

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I stand by my answer, as I think he was talking about cleaning his substrates.

Billct2

I think you will see an improvement, not becaase alcohol improves the adhesion, but because ink sticks better to a cleaner surface

jgaskin

I'm with player on this one. Find the purest isopropyl you can find. I can usually only get my hands on 91% where I am. It's ridiculous the difference in evaporation time between 70% and 91%. Here in Georgia, using 70% almost always means wiping down with a dry rag after wiping down with alcohol. But the 91% evaporates like you would expect alcohol to. Probably has everything to do with the humidity we have here.

arvindrlaxman

1 gallon containers of denatured alcohol @ Lowes for $13.00

After cleaning the glass with IPA, the adhesion was just perfect.We used 99% IPA which is available here for industrial purpose.

We the sprayed white at the back of the glass... What we noticed was .. we could see few grains of white in the front.. Think we over-sprayed the white.