• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with Apex foil - suggestions?

Lauren

We have been using 3M/gerber thermal foils and decided to try Apex UV Guard. We used it this morning and at the edge of the decals it is leaving a visible line like the foil is tearing off (see photos). We reprinted the decals and used Gerber abrasion guard and had no issue. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a solution or setting to change? Thanks! -Lauren photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

Lauren

I contacted our vendor and they helped out. For anyone with this problem in the future...here's the solution. From the manufacturer: I have only seen that happen when it was set on the wrong setting and not flood coating the entire image (graphic). It needs to be set on the Matte setting not abrasion guard and it needs to be set on flood coat.