• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with Flexi. Image border getting distorted. contd.

VinylCutter

Starting a new thread for the same issue, the last thread got wayward and did not exactly present the issue.

Problem: I have been using Flexi 7.5 for some time now. That day, while I was importing an image to Flexi and my RAM crashed.I installed a new RAM. While doing so, the vendor also altered some of my BIOS settings.

Now, when I import an image in Flexi, the border gets distorted. PFA images of the original image, image in Flexi and image in Production Manager.

Interestingly, this problem does not happen on installing Flexi on a different computer.

Attachments

• Original1.jpg
    Original1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 96
  • flexi.jpg
    flexi.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Prodmanager.jpg
    Prodmanager.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 65

DizzyMarkus

Are your graphics "shared" on the MB? If so he may have adjusted it less -- dunno why but thats my thought hehe

Markus

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If that's a vector object, which I assume that it is since there's nodes displayed, then don't worry, those jagged looking edges are merely a low resolution interpretation of an actual line between end-points. The light itself is straight, its just the representation of it on your monitor that looks a bit jagged.

Try this...Draw a horizontal line across the center of your screen, both end points with the same Y value. It should look straight. Move one of the endpoints down one pixel. The line should not have one step in it. Down another pixel, two steps, and so on etc. No matter who many steps the line displays on your screen, when cut it's perfectly straight. A straight line cannot be drawn across a plane of pixels, except for vertical, horizontal, and at whatever angle the pixel matrix is laid. Usually 30 or 45 degrees, depending. A line or an edge can only be displayed using steps.

If, on the other hand, the object is a bit map then you need to check the resolution of both your display and the object itself as well as whatever anti-aliasing, if any, was used on the object. If a bitmap it appears to be a low resolution non-antialiased [is that a double negative?] image.

VinylCutter

@Bob

Your explanation seems appropriate.

Might have been that the images always looked the same in Flexi, just that I concentrated on it more after the RAM issue. Will try a test job using that computer and let you know the results. I would be more than happy if there are no 'jaggies'. Because currently I am in a situation where nobody can help, same image cuts properly on one computer and not on the another.

Lets see. I'll update.