• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with mesh banner install

TheSnowman

Wondering if anyone has any tips. I am installing a 4' X 25' Mesh banner, and the corners are blowing out. As you can see I put two more in the corners to work with and that helped but an hour later it ripped more. The only other thing I can think of is to weave it in and out of the grommets all the way across the top.

Any great suggestions?

Attachments

• image-1185280326.jpg
    image-1185280326.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 104

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Banner hung like that should have a sewn hem with double or triple gusset corners.

Pat Whatley

Dammit people...STOP TYING BANNERS UP BY THE CORNERS. There's a reason for the grommets all the way across the top. Tie your rope from pole A to pole B....then connect the banner to the rope. I suggest zip ties.

Problem 2....you did a mesh banner with no webbing and you're tying it up just in the corners? Yeah, that's not gonna work, especially when it's that large. See instructions above.

TheSnowman

Geez Pat...take a deep breath.

I just ordered it from Signs2Trade as is...every mesh I've done in the past has always been fastened to some kind of a frame. Like I said, that was my THOUGHT, but I didn't have the stuff to do a cable from end to end. I'll do that and I'm assuming we'll be good to go.

TheSnowman

Got it taken care of. Its always handy having a family member in the garage door business for situations like this when I need cable.

Attachments

• image-962048262.jpg
    image-962048262.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 88