• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

issue with plotter/usb/com port :(

2sickdecals

hello everyone my names Greg and i have this issue with my plotter/computer/software i recently switched computers. i have a vinyl express r series ii r31 plotter with lxi cloud software. everything worked perfectly on my old desktop but it was just getting out dated, i purchased a new computer and reinstalled everything as i did with my other one. my problem with this one is im not getting a com port choice option when asked to make a choice only a ftdiusbport 0 or 1 option and neither of those work, i have attached a picture to show the problem well tried to attach one,
any help would be appreciated thank you

i have installed all the drivers reinstalling software etc, and i am running windows 7 as well

problem.jpg

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 146

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you connected with a USB cable? If you are, look for USB_Printer_0 as a port. If the cutter is not plugged in or powered on it will not show up as an option.

2sickdecals

Are you connected with a USB cable? If you are, look for USB_Printer_0 as a port. If the cutter is not plugged in or powered on it will not show up as an option.

i am connected with a usb cable it comes up in the device manager as com3 but in the production manager it doesnt show up as com port it comes up with the ftdiusb port when i try to search it only shows me network options.

2sickdecals

also called sign warehouse and they told me $30 to possibly help me figure out the issue and sai told me to contact signwarehouse and to pay the $30 :| i believe its a software/driver issue i just cant figure it out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The first thing I would check is to see if there is an updated driver for a 64 bit operating system(unless you specifically bought the 32 bit version). It seems like the most straight forward issue causing the port problem. If you are using a USB to parallel cord, I have run into problems with newer computers using those. Belkin seems to be the best brand for those cables working on newer computers.