• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues Printing on 3M CV2

peavey123

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone here has run into any banding issues while printing reds specifically Pantone 485 C. I'm printing a corporate logo and the 485 red bands like CRAZY no matter what i try. The greens on the same logo print beautifully. I'm stumped anyone have any suggestions? I know digital printers aren't meant for printing solid colours but over the weekend I printed an entire wrap with reds on it and there wasn't any banding. This red is killing me here...lol

I've tried changing the heater settings, print speed, calibration, bi-directional settings...more pinch wheels, less pinch wheels...

I am running the lastest versaworks on a roland VP540v.

rdm01

485C is one of the hardest colors to hit. Banding can often be solved by
adjusting media feed, not allowing the printer to take directly off of the roll,
and profile tweaking. One other was is to print in uni-directional mode. A bit
slower, but often solves banding problems in hard to hit colors.

Letterbox Mike

Dunno what printer you're using but on our JV3 the closest thing I can get to 485 is actually just a CMYK mix: C3, M100, Y100, K7.5. It comes out pretty nice but I don't think process printing can perfectly match 485. Also, for the banding, if possible, try taking the image into photoshop and appling 2-3% monochromatic noise to the area, sometimes that will help knock down any banding seen with solid colors. And when in doubt, increase the number of passes, switch to unidirectional and slow the head down.

peavey123

K I have it working without any banding. I am using the "high Quality" setting (thank god these are small prints) uni-directional. Going to take forever but no banding :) haha

:thankyou: