• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues printing stacked (3D) Barcodes

Mujeeb

Hi All,

we print a fair amount (3,000 sq ft) / week of labels per week. We’ve never had any luck printing readable stacked barcodes. We can print and scan any other type, but no luck with stacked. We’ve tried changing the resolution...no matter what we do nothing works. We run an Epson SC 80600 - onyx poster shop rip - head maintenance and cleaning done regularly. Any help would be appreciated.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
have a look at this link and see if it makes any sense to you
a stacked arcode doesn't have all the information that is encoded in a true 2d barcode
so the issue may be the job is not being formulated corectly, or that your onyx software combined with your machine can not reptoduce it properly.

https://www.accuratedata.com/wordpress/index.php/2017/09/01/2d-codes-vs-stacked-linear-codes/

my guess would be your files are not being prepared/formatted properly.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
if onyx has a searchable knowledge base, try searching fot 2d barcode or the specific symbology you are trying to print. it is possible the epson branded vesion doesn't support 2d barcodes (or onyx in general, for that matter)

obviously postershop is a program that supprts postscript, but it may need an update or some sort of add on to do 2d symbology