• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with Signwarehouses q75 plotter

Arstron

First I am using flexisign 8.1 v1, a mutoh vj 1204 to print from and of course the q75 plotter with ARMS. I have the registration mark set to "graphtech type 1 automatic" a 4 point registration mark

What happens is, when I do a long print and cut, when the plotter trys reading the registration marks, the first one is ok of course, the second one (at the full length of the print), it trys scanning about 2 inches shy of the actual mark. I just went thru signwarehouses sensor offset adjustment and mark sensor position adjustment tutorials however they didnt help. I have ran into this in the past and have kept my print/cut lengths to less then 6 feet because of it, however I got in a hurry yesterday and did a 20 foot long print (250 stickers) not thinking about the issues in the past. When I printed this set, I had the spacing of the decals set to .500in, after getting frustrated, I tried some different spacing sizes, .525in set the registration marks perfectly. The problem is, the cut is off on most of the stickers. Would anyone have any ideas on how to straiten out this problem?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
First I am using flexisign 8.1 v1, a mutoh vj 1204 to print from and of course the q75 plotter with ARMS. I have the registration mark set to "graphtech type 1 automatic" a 4 point registration mark

What happens is, when I do a long print and cut, when the plotter trys reading the registration marks, the first one is ok of course, the second one (at the full length of the print), it trys scanning about 2 inches shy of the actual mark. I just went thru signwarehouses sensor offset adjustment and mark sensor position adjustment tutorials however they didnt help. I have ran into this in the past and have kept my print/cut lengths to less then 6 feet because of it, however I got in a hurry yesterday and did a 20 foot long print (250 stickers) not thinking about the issues in the past. When I printed this set, I had the spacing of the decals set to .500in, after getting frustrated, I tried some different spacing sizes, .525in set the registration marks perfectly. The problem is, the cut is off on most of the stickers. Would anyone have any ideas on how to straiten out this problem?

Being off 2" in 20' is an error or 1 part in 120. Not great. That same error in a 1' print would be 1/10".

It sounds as if you need to set your output feed compensation. Do this in Production Manager. Select the printer setup and do Setup->OUtput Size Compensation... Follow the instructions.

What this does is makes 1 physical foot on the printer feed pretty much the same as 1 logical foot in Flexi. Unless this is reasonably close, and yours doesn't seem to be, when Flexi advances the media in the plotter to read the registration marks, it doesn't go far enough or goes too far and ends up in a area where the registration mark is outside of the rather small search area.

Even if your output feed compensation is right on, print a 20' run for contour cutting is a bold move. With that length the possibility of error is pretty good. The smaller the panels, the less the error build up. I try to keep everything under 5' if humanly possible.